5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First OTA Map update today

66Fuelie

Reaction score
So I got my first OTA map update today. I got a message on the screen saying "Your relevant maps have been updated"
Tom

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Mine happed yesterday. Info said something along the lines of "Frequent driven area details enhanced" or something close to that..

I did not notice any changes.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I don’t recall seeing that message. If you go to the maps details does it show an updated map date? I know we’ve talked about this before; you and I both love using the built in Nav and I want my maps updated. Just not sure I’m willing to risk bricking it using the downloadable maps online.

23RAM

Reaction score
I don’t recall seeing that message. If you go to the maps details does it show an updated map date? I know we’ve talked about this before; you and I both love using the built in Nav and I want my maps updated. Just not sure I’m willing to risk bricking it using the downloadable maps online.
Follow the instructions from the manufacturer site and it should work fine - I've updated mine twice as the last set came out not long after I did the first update from factory. It's just like updating any other nav device with new maps:

And if you do have a problem, which I highly doubt, it's under warranty so just take it in to the dealer and say the nav stopped working and you don't know why. They can simply reload the factory firmware or update it.

Users who are viewing this thread