5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First New Vehicle I've Ever Purchased

PaineTrain04

Reaction score
Just a little introduction for y'all.

PaineTrain04 from the Northeastern corner of Ohio.
I am 26 years old, married, and a CNC machinist.

I snagged a black 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn Level 1 package for $36,500 out the door.
5.7L HEMI without the eTorque system, (4x4 of course) with the 3.21 gears.

I am looking for a decent Class IV reciever to put on and not spend as much as the MOPAR brand.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, sadly I can not help you with that part but I can definitely ask for photos lol.

PaineTrain04

Reaction score
Welcome, sadly I can not help you with that part but I can definitely ask for photos lol.

Ahh. Yes. Photos are to come soon.
Is this forum mobile-friendly? Other forums I have participated in only allowed computer uploads. (I'm only able to access this site on a PC at my work)

PorBoy

Reaction score
I solely use my tablet via Tapatalk and sometimes I see an error after typing a really long list lol.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Nice looking truck, and the price was really good too. Hard to complain about a new tech, quiet, capable truck for $36K!

Hopefully you won’t have any teething issues. Be sure to watch for some of the reported problems, namely leaking 3rd hi-mount brake lense, cracking of the rear glass trim, some say they have wind noise and a few say they had battery/grounding issues. Other complaints are there but really hard to say anything is very common.

Oh and look up the $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate, if it applies to you.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats from a fellow tradesmen! This was my first new vehicle purchase as well. I'm sure you're as proud of yours as I am mine. I hope it treats you well! Enjoy it!

PaineTrain04

Reaction score
Update: I complained a little bit to the dealer and they gave me an extra class 3 Curt they had taken off of a trade-in.
It is only rated for 6,000 lbs. but it is better than nothing.
Drove home and slapped that hitch on.

Users who are viewing this thread