5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First new set of tires, love them!

Cgo

Reaction score
Nitto Recon Grapplers in 33 x 12.5. Love these tires and the look. Zero rubbing, stock air suspension. These tires are smooth, quiet, and handle great in the snow, dirt and mud. This is how it should have come from the factory.
20230308_170452.jpg 20230308_170412.jpg 20230308_170506.jpg 20230308_170427.jpg

Cgo

Reaction score
Definitely beefier and much needed improved offroad capability for where I live up in the New Hampshire woods.

Cgo

Reaction score
How is the road noise and did it impact mileage at all? Looks boss!
Road noise is barely more than stock. Almost indistinguishable. The recons are designed for smooth and quiet road manners. I don't really pay attention to MPG lol, but I'm still averaging the same as before. Then again I've only had them on for less than 100 miles. Some folks asked about speedometer calibration, but I checked with GPS and it's spot on.

TyH2009

Reaction score
Road noise is barely more than stock. Almost indistinguishable. The recons are designed for smooth and quiet road manners. I don't really pay attention to MPG lol, but I'm still averaging the same as before. Then again I've only had them on for less than 100 miles. Some folks asked about speedometer calibration, but I checked with GPS and it's spot on.
Let me know what you think after some miles. I have the recons and thought the noise wasn’t bad, over 50 there’s some hum, for sure louder than the stock Perellis, I’m at about 10,000 miles on them and 2 rotations and think they’ve gotten louder.

Cgo

Reaction score
Let me know what you think after some miles. I have the recons and thought the noise wasn’t bad, over 50 there’s some hum, for sure louder than the stock Perellis, I’m at about 10,000 miles on them and 2 rotations and think they’ve gotten louder.
Tire noise doesn't bother me. Any true AT tire is going to be louder than street tires. I'm willing to give up some road noise for way better capability offroad. I live in the country, so my truck sees more dirt, mud, and snow than city folks.

Love these tires, they're the quietest AT tire I've had and far far more capable than the stock road tires.

Plus, I'll have a new truck before these tires need to be replaced. I've got 30k miles on my truck and I don't keep my vehicles too long. Once the next generation RAM comes out, I'll most likely get one and not an EV truck.

mkling

Reaction score
Do you have wheel spacers or anything? I thought 12.5 wide wouldnt clear upper control arms without some offset whether spacer or aftermarket wheels.
Looks really good.

Cgo

Reaction score
Do you have wheel spacers or anything? I thought 12.5 wide wouldnt clear upper control arms without some offset whether spacer or aftermarket wheels.
Looks really good.
No spacers, plenty of room. Zero rubbing in normal ride height or aero. Check out the largest tire thread in the wheel and tire section.

Last edited:

Ulster

Reaction score
Another really great tire is the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I run 35's on my lifted Rubicon and 33's on my stock Rubicon. They are really great offroad, and in fact held up well on the slickrock on Hell's Revenge a few years ago. I plan to have these same tires on my '23 Rebel once I wear down the factory tires, but not planning Hell's Revenge in a Rebel :).

Cgo

Reaction score
Another really great tire is the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I run 35's on my lifted Rubicon and 33's on my stock Rubicon. They are really great offroad, and in fact held up well on the slickrock on Hell's Revenge a few years ago. I plan to have these same tires on my '23 Rebel once I wear down the factory tires, but not planning Hell's Revenge in a Rebel :).
Yes, also great tires. I think ridge Grapplers for more off than on road and the new Recons for more on than off road but still capable for both.

Users who are viewing this thread