5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Gremlin

Snekpete

Reaction score
Drove the truck to the Appalachian Trail, about a 15 minute drive. Walked for an hour and came back. Started the truck, let the Uconnect stabilize, set the temperature to low, then back up to 62. The horn blows once, the emergency flashers come on and the center console display switches from MPH to Tire Pressure. I tried manually turning on and off the flashers with no effect. Maybe ten seconds later the flashers turn themselves off and everything returns to normal after that. I manually reset the console.

4,400 miles, the first Gremlin. It seems like it could have been a low voltage condition but I didn't check the voltage until after everything returned to normal. It seemed like the AC compressor kicked on when I set the temp to low and that triggered a gremlin.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Drove the truck to the Appalachian Trail, about a 15 minute drive. Walked for an hour and came back. Started the truck, let the Uconnect stabilize, set the temperature to low, then back up to 62. The horn blows once, the emergency flashers come on and the center console display switches from MPH to Tire Pressure. I tried manually turning on and off the flashers with no effect. Maybe ten seconds later the flashers turn themselves off and everything returns to normal after that. I manually reset the console.

4,400 miles, the first Gremlin. It seems like it could have been a low voltage condition but I didn't check the voltage until after everything returned to normal. It seemed like the AC compressor kicked on when I set the temp to low and that triggered a gremlin.
Check out this thread, might clarify your gremlin. I've had this happen before.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Check out this thread, might clarify your gremlin. I've had this happen before.

Thanks Jeff! I did a forum search with "horn emergency flashers" and that thread did not come up. Clearly that is the relevant thread to what I experienced. My Rebel specs the front tires at 55psi and the rears at 45. The TPS shows 59/59 and 46/48. Perhaps one of the fronts hit 60 on the TPS? But who cares, the tires are rated to at least 70.

Anyway, I went into the Uconnect settings and turned off tire fill assist. I hope that gets rid of this gremlin. Thanks again!

Snekpete

Reaction score
Second Gremlin, 4,500:

Took the truck out into a snowy, muddy harvested corn field by the Monocacy river. Had trouble getting her back up and out. Axle lock actually makes things worse. Left her in the mud for an hour while I walked Louie. Left the truck in 4WD High. Came back, started up and got two console warning messages, Service Stability Control and Service Trailer Tow. The orange console traction control off light illuminates. No CEL, everything else is normal. Get out without too much trouble, shift to 2WD and the traction control light goes out, everything back to normal.

Both of these Gremlins are software bugs. RamCares should point these anomalies out and open trouble tickets so that the errors can potentially be fixed, at least in future iterations.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Not exactly a gremlin. I'm driving down the highway and changing into the left lane. A console warning pops up, "Turn Signal ON". My brain processes the information as Put the turn signal on you moron. I've driven rental cars where if you change lanes without using the turn signal you get a warning, very annoying, I didn't think that my truck had this.

Then I realize that the right turn signal was on and has been on for quite a while, hmm, am I one of THOSE drivers?

Snekpete

Reaction score
Third gremlin:

Opened the two rear windows yesterday to let the dog stay cool while I went in the store. When I came back the right rear window would not close, it would not do anything. As I was driving the dog got excited and jumped on the ledge to stick his head out. After that the window closed. Haven't tried opening or closing it since.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Third gremlin:

Opened the two rear windows yesterday to let the dog stay cool while I went in the store. When I came back the right rear window would not close, it would not do anything. As I was driving the dog got excited and jumped on the ledge to stick his head out. After that the window closed. Haven't tried opening or closing it since.

Well, you might want to try opening the window to let the dog get his head out!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/