5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First ever new truck and first ever RAM

JD300WM

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I jumped into the new truck market rather quickly and apparently at the wrong time lol. I grew up in a Ford family, but like the cook who cooks all day and is no longer hungry for what he sees constantly, I became a Chevy guy. Have had my current 2002 Silverado 1500 ext cab short bed Z71 for 9 years. The only complaint is body rust. I was in the market for a bright Red 2021 Trail Boss 6.2 L, but none were available anywhere in my area and I was told if I special ordered it, who knows when I’d get it. So I tried a RAM 1500 crew cab short bed 4x4 5.7 Hemi out and we really liked it. I ended up buying a 2021 1500 Big Horn 4x4 North edition with 5.7 Hemi(non eTorque), 3:92 gears, e locker, 33 gal tank, spray in bed liner and bed rail system, etc etc. It’s a nice truck, but I’m not going to lie...it feels weird that there’s a RAM out in my driveway and not a Chevy. I was just outside underneath of it and was looking at the undercarriage and frame...man those frames seems thin and “tinny” sounding when I peck on them. Since I’m new to RAMs, what are the good and bad things to expect from this truck? I’m going to give it up to a year to prove itself to me. Oh, and it’s black...no bright red ones within 250 miles that had the engine, gears, and other options I wanted,

tlewis24

Reaction score
We (and many others) seemed to be in the same boat of looking at 6.2L trail bosses and converting to Ram haha. I too feel very weird about it and my dad is disappointed I abandoned the GM line but I have a good feeling he will be very surprised once I take him on a cruise in it. Hopefully the 2022 interior refresh goes well for GM!

Users who are viewing this thread