5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firestone Destination XT reviews?

Nels

Reaction score
Anyone in this group have any experience with the newer Firestone Destination XT or AT2? Like a lot of others I'm having a tough time deciding what tire I want to go with. Was leaning toward bfg ko2s, but now I'm unsure again. Might not want to look that "beefy". I've had a couple of sets of Destination ATs in the past and thought they were great, but are these new AT2 and XT proven performers?

Nels

Reaction score
Agree'd! Lots of options, tests/results, etc. I keep thinking of one tire and think I made a decision, then look at tire rack...change my mind...repeat again, and again.

Keep looking at....and changing my mind about....the Toyo Open Country A/T III, Continental Terraincontact A/T, Firestone Destination A/T 2s, and Falken Wildpeaks.
I went through this for months, and finally last week pulled the trigger on BFG KO2's in 285/60/20. Like them so far, but have only driven a couple hundred miles.

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
I went through this for months, and finally last week pulled the trigger on BFG KO2's in 285/60/20. Like them so far, but have only driven a couple hundred miles.

Hope they work out well for you. I'm looking to keep the OEM size (285/45/22).

WIRamGuy

Reaction score
Agree'd! Lots of options, tests/results, etc. I keep thinking of one tire and think I made a decision, then look at tire rack...change my mind...repeat again, and again.

Keep looking at....and changing my mind about....the Toyo Open Country A/T III, Continental Terraincontact A/T, Firestone Destination A/T 2s, and Falken Wildpeaks.
I keep doing the same thing. Started looking at Wildpeak AT4w but then couldn't get past the reviews saying you feel every pothole. Plus the weight and the price. I'm currently leaning towards the AT2 and might pull the trigger soon

M02v8r

Reaction score
I wound up going with the Firestone Destination XT's. Couldn't beat the price of them at Costco. Hoping they last as long as my Goodyear Duratracs. I got 60K on those OEM tires. Would have put them on again but they wanted way too much for them.

397STROKER

Reaction score
I have the XTs and have around 25k miles on them with no issues. 276/65/20. They ride good are not overly noisy. I mainly ride pavement. They seem to be waring really well too. They are lighter than a lot of the E rated tires.

Users who are viewing this thread