5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Extinguishers

Scion

Reaction score
All the talk about carrying emergency gear has made me revisit this. I've seen various threads where people talk about having a fire extinguisher in their trucks, but very few posts about how and where it was mounted/stored for quick access. Compared to my 3rd gen, there are fewer available unused spots for stuff like this. The 5th gen has a lot of great storage, but things like TQ, IFAK, flashlight, and fire extinguisher may need to be deployable in an instant.

Show me your installations. I prefer to avoid making holes unless I have to, but I'm interested in all ideas.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As posted in the other thread, I store mine behind the rear seat in driver side. Not too hard to get to. Flip up seat and grab. I haven't wanted to make holes to attach the mount it came with PXL_20230621_002122906.jpg PXL_20230621_002142761.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
following - I also think it should live in the cabin - under the seat is a good choice -
I don't have a rear under the seat storage but maybe it would fit there as well.
If there was no safe - could it fit on the center console? or to weird there
And last maybe a back seat molle panel

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
following - I also think it should live in the cabin - under the seat is a good choice -
I don't have a rear under the seat storage but maybe it would fit there as well.
If there was no safe - could it fit on the center console? or to weird there
And last maybe a back seat molle panel
I can't do back of the seat. I have people that ride back there all the time.

N0cturnal

Reaction score
I am using one of the smaller ones (1A,10BC)from Costco . It came in two pack and use the other one in my another ride. I always keep it under my rear seat.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quick search about keeping in a car. I was curious, because in a boat it has to be mounted vertical. This is from Motorbiscuit.

Yes. As ironic as it sounds, if a fire extinguisher is not stored properly, it can explode in your car. Have you ever shaken up a soda can and opened it? Well, a fire extinguisher can basically have the same effect if it’s jostled around in your car due to being improperly secured.

As such, it’s important to buy a fire extinguisher that has a mounting bracket and make sure that it’s properly secured under the seat or in the trunk of your car.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one of those that you get from walmart somewhere in the cab. I really need to find a way to make more mounts inside the cab to secure all these items.

But I'm also looking at the Element 6 ones that I can just throw inside the center console area and call it a day lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of those that you get from walmart somewhere in the cab. I really need to find a way to make more mounts inside the cab to secure all these items.

But I'm also looking at the Element 6 ones that I can just throw inside the center console area and call it a day lol

There's a Firefighter on HDRAMS that posted a video they did testing different extinguishers and those element sticks are useless.

Get a real extinguisher.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There may some who aren't aware, but as a reminder, fire extinguishers do expire. Make checking the date and charge level as part of your regular routine like when checking the charge on your lithium jump pack.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to get a couple pictures, but I fabbed up a mount and had one mounted in the back of my bed by the tailgate with rivnuts in the holes. It bounced around enough to break the pin on the quick release mounting bracket. Upon further inspection, it also cracked the holes out around the installed rivnuts. If I ever find some time, I'll tig the cracks maybe and fix it back to factory. Long story short, I don't recomend my mounting location ha.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I keep mine in my truck box in the bed, the time it takes to reach is isn't that much longer than have it somewhere in the back cabin, plus I really don't want one in the cab in case there is a malfunction and it goes off somehow.

John Jensen

Reaction score
It looks like the safety pin is missing on the one in the cab.
Goof eye. It wanted to hang up on the carpet so I removed it thinking it safer to be removed than having it hang up in the carpet when need to use the extinguisher

6of36

Reaction score
Goof eye. It wanted to hang up on the carpet so I removed it thinking it safer to be removed than having it hang up in the carpet when need to use the extinguisher
Look for a different pin maybe, but definitely get one. as I just was writing to the other response, while you responded, a quick stop could set it off.

Users who are viewing this thread