5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finished her up - Flame Red Laramie Sport lifted, wheels/tires, debadged...come on in

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Finished her up today. Only war wound, and it was a big one, was a crushed/broken pinky finger (slipped a torque wrench with all my weight and my pinky took the impact...spent the evening last night in the emergency room).

Daystar 2"/1" mild lift,
KMC 22" Wheels with 285/55R22 Terra Grappler G2s
Hellwig sway
Debadged
Black RAM on front grille
Black Rams head on the rear
Powder coated satin black tailpipes
Blacked out power hood
Westin HDX side-steps

IMG_7868.jpg
IMG_7869.jpg
IMG_7870.JPG
IMG_7871.JPG
IMG_7872.jpg
IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7874.JPG
IMG_7875.JPG

CompuDav

Reaction score
Sweet ride! I almost bought a truck with Flame Red but ultimately went with a blue one instead. I gotta admit that the Flame Red looks amazing. Much better than the Delmonico red...

What tonneau cover did you use?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Looks mean. Sorry about your pinky, lower strut bolt I presume?
Yep, passenger side, last bolt to torque. Stupid mistake, was in an awkward position and brought all my weight down on my pinky. Crack.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Sweet ride! I almost bought a truck with Flame Red but ultimately went with a blue one instead. I gotta admit that the Flame Red looks amazing. Much better than the Delmonico red...

What tonneau cover did you use?
That's the factory soft tri-fold. Works well.

Slow-T

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I actually want to de-badge and lose all the chrome on my rig. I bought the black RAM head for the tailgate, but I have no idea how to get it off.
1. Where did you get the black RAM letters for the front grille?
2. What's the best way to remove the badging and clean the paint? I looked up a couple of videos on YouTube, but they kind of sucked.

Pardon the stupid questions, but never owned a vehicle that I cared to do any mods to...until now...so not confident in that department and I don't want to mess anything up.

Slow-T

Reaction score
...and forgot to ask about the black exhaust tips...

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I actually want to de-badge and lose all the chrome on my rig. I bought the black RAM head for the tailgate, but I have no idea how to get it off.
1. Where did you get the black RAM letters for the front grille?
2. What's the best way to remove the badging and clean the paint? I looked up a couple of videos on YouTube, but they kind of sucked.

Pardon the stupid questions, but never owned a vehicle that I cared to do any mods to...until now...so not confident in that department and I don't want to mess anything up.
Ram's Head - I took the inside tailgate cover off (upper part of inside of tailgate), and reached in and pushed the 4 tabs out of their hole a bit, and then carefully pried the emblem off - it's stuck on, as well as has those 4 tabs.
As far as removing emblems, I just used some fishing line and carefully saw'd behind the emblems, and then pealed most of the black adhesive residue off, and then finished off with some goof-off or googone.
As for the tailpipes, I just took them to a local powder coating place and asked them to powder coat them the next time they had a run of satin black. Cost me $75

Barney556180

Reaction score
As for the tailpipes, I just took them to a local powder coating place and asked them to powder coat them the next time they had a run of satin black. Cost me $75

As a cheap (and reversible) alternatives powder coating, consider Plasti Dip spray. It’s durable, heat resistant, looks good and can be pealed off if you change your mind.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
She's a beauty! What mud guards do you have on the front?
Husky. After the alignment, I had to do a little work on the front "spat" and the mug guard due to mild rubbing in reverse, but it still looks the same from the outside.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Top 10 truck right there! Have you noticed any difference in cornering/handling with the sway bar?
No, but simply because I did the sway bar quickly after I got it. I've had the sway on previous rams and it was always a big improvement to rear stability.

Users who are viewing this thread