5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish this sentence: "If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

Cravenfan

Reaction score
If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________

Have traded my 2015 GMC Denali in earlier...and held out for the barn door.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
If I could start over again on this purchase:
1. I would have kept my old truck a bit longer to pay off the loan, or at least driven it longer so when I sold or traded it I wouldn't have gotten hosed in my trade.
2. In hindsight, I would have gotten an extended cab w 6' bed instead of the crew cab. It sticks out of most parking spots and adds weight. I rarely cary back seat passengers.
3. I would not have leased, I would have purchased.
4. I would have gotten a Rebel instead of a Bighorn
5. I would prefer a lift. I find the factory height too low in the front.
6. I would have gone to a different dealership/shopped around more.
Next time I'll know better.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...have walked out of the dealership and not bought the truck. But, I have it now, so it is what it is. If I could have a real "do-over" I probably would buy a GMC 2500 Diesel.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i love my 2019 rebel, but i got it not knowing that they were going to discontinue the 4th gen g56 six speed manual transmissions in the cummins. I was kind of shocked how they all of a sudden basically said "by the way were not producing these any more". That has always been my dream truck, and good luck to anyone trying to find one now!!

I always told myself i'd get one during the last year of production and welp, missed the boat on that one lol everything happens for a reason tho. My rebel has many more options for what a comparably priced cummins would have

pgrant3491

Reaction score
Not done it... I LOVE my truck, but I have a passenger less than 5 times per month. I don't have anything to tow and I have utilized the bed once in the last 9 months. My commute has tripled in distance since leasing my truck, but I take the shortest distance trip to save miles on my lease, so I get poor fuel economy. It is great being back in a truck again, but it wasn't a very smart decision on my end to get. But I am not very smart so I will end up getting what I really want in my next one.

If I was to get another one, I would get the 33 gallon fuel tank and the 3.92.

papac0rn

Reaction score
I sometimes wish I would have gone with the crew cab. The quad cab has grown on me though and since my kids are all grown its worked out very well. I wanted the extra bed space. I alway felt uncomfortable with the short bed. I wish I had the advanced safety group with adaptive cruise but on a recent trip it was great (I just passed more often).:) I'm actually happy with it and have no intentions of trading up.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not done it... I LOVE my truck, but I have a passenger less than 5 times per month. I don't have anything to tow and I have utilized the bed once in the last 9 months. My commute has tripled in distance since leasing my truck, but I take the shortest distance trip to save miles on my lease, so I get poor fuel economy. It is great being back in a truck again, but it wasn't a very smart decision on my end to get. But I am not very smart so I will end up getting what I really want in my next one.

If I was to get another one, I would get the 33 gallon fuel tank and the 3.92.

Wait... you don't use the truck for truck things, get poor economy on your commute which has tripled, complain about poor fuel economy, and yet wish you had gotten the 3.92?

That's a head scratcher for sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread