5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finish this sentence: "If I had it all to do over again with my Ram 1500, I would _______________."

mingya

Reaction score
Wish I would have looked at these forums. Reading all these issues on new trucks is a bit overwhelming. I was going to add some accessories to start with before getting into more expensive items but Im afraid to touch anything now. And my next door neighbor was asking me about my truck and next thing I know, he and his father went to the same dealer a couple days ago. One purchased a wht. big horn night edt. And the other all black. Dam I hope they have good luck with theirs.

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
I would make SURE it had true keyless entry. why a Loredo has it and the Big Horn doesn't defies rational reasoning.
My Wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee has it.. My son's 2012 Prius even has it.. but not my 1500 RAM..
I know it's technically possible to add it.. but Chrysler wont allow it.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Built up a Tradesman as opposed to the Laramie that I currently run lol.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I absolutely love my patriot blue 2019 Big Horn. Level 2 package and LED lighting group. If I could do it over again...

1) patriot blue Built to Serve edition
2) Ram Boxes

that’s about it. Love everything else about my truck.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wish I would have looked at these forums. Reading all these issues on new trucks is a bit overwhelming. I was going to add some accessories to start with before getting into more expensive items but Im afraid to touch anything now. And my next door neighbor was asking me about my truck and next thing I know, he and his father went to the same dealer a couple days ago. One purchased a wht. big horn night edt. And the other all black. Dam I hope they have good luck with theirs.
Take your time with mods. It's easy to get caught up with a new vehicle and reading the forum. In time some of the changes you were thinking of making may not be all that significant. I'm learning the advantages of my (temporary at the time of purchase) Extang Black Max snap cover and cheap $160 chrome ebay running boards (also temporary).
In fact I have the OEM Matte Black running boards for 7-8 months now and have not found the desire to put them on.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope you guys have better luck then I’ve had!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Don't be afraid. It is all good. This stuff is all outliers on the major stuff. Plus its all under warranty.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Held out for a Laramie configured exactly the way I wanted it. I let price get in the way even though I could afford more. If I had to change something on the bighorn it would have been looking for the premium lighting. The Laramie would have solved that.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I would have held out for the '20 EcoD with MFT. Things have changed since I got my '19, though, and now I'm planning on trading up to a 2500 whenever the HDs get the full 5th gen treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread