5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally

ajc7755

Reaction score
After several months of searching and striking out with some bad deals, I'm finally a Ram owner. Turns out my deal was pretty lucky in that the owner of this dealership buys a fully loaded Ram Limited every year, drives it for 7k miles then sells it as new still. The truck I found had this happen, and then the "1st" owner sold it back after 3 years to the same dealer he bought it from. The owner lived in the suburbs near me and traded it in for a Mercedes so he wasn't someone that went offloading or towing. Wife wasn't too happy with the smaller bed and Ram Boxes because apparently she wanted more carrying space, but I'm thrilled. Paid a bit more then what I planned, but the location and situation was better then having to drive 7 hours to get other ones.

2020 Ram Limited
Black
V8 without eTorque
Bed Utility Group
Protection Group
Black Appearance Package
Limited Level 1
Trailer Brake Controller
Anti-Spin Diff
Sun Roof
33 Gallon Tank
3.92 Axle
Split Tailgate
RamBoxes

I'm excited to be back in the V8 world after a short time without it. My last few cars were:
2016 Chevy Colorado LT
2012 Mercedes C55 AMG
2009 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1994 Ford Mustang GT

All of which I molded, but the Colorado wasn't nearly as fun as the rest.

Now time to buy a Hellwig sway bar and oil catch can and start the modding again.

Attachments

• IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your beautiful truck! It sounds like yours is the exact twin to our truck. Although I upgraded the wheels on ours and added Mopar mud flaps.

Attachments

• Limited 1.jpg
    Limited 1.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 29

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice ride! Get yourself some black lug nuts or lug nut covers, really amplifies the blackout look

ajc7755

Reaction score
Why get a Hellwig with air suspension?

What mods do you think you are going to do?
Maybe I was wrong, but I thought a Hellwig was still useful with air suspension because it tightens up the frame roll, not the suspension/ride.

After the first 2, not sure where I'll go next, maybe a louder, higher flow exhaust.

ajc7755

Reaction score
Nice ride! Get yourself some black lug nuts or lug nut covers, really amplifies the blackout look
I made the mistake of getting cheaper black lug nuts on my last truck and they rusted. These lug nuts come with a locking lug nut so I would have to get both in black which raises the price a bit.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why not? Still makes a difference
Beats me. No roll in my truck.

I made the mistake of getting cheaper black lug nuts on my last truck and they rusted. These lug nuts come with a locking lug nut so I would have to get both in black which raises the price a bit.
Just take off the locking lug, if someone wants your rims they will take them, the Mopar locking lugs are a joke.

ajc7755

Reaction score
Took the truck in for an inspection and alignment was off ($150 fix) and the typical exhaust manifold gasket issue on a 1 month backorder. Both of which should have been fixed before I was sold the vehicle.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why get a Hellwig with air suspension?
It makes a difference with any suspension. Sway bars (or more accurately anti-sway bars) reduce body roll. You get pretty much the same body roll with air suspension as with coil springs in these trucks. I've installed them on every 5th gen we've owned. Two of those had air and one had coil springs, and the sway bar improved handling on them all. It's definitely one of the first mods I'd recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread