5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally!!!

VTRam4x4

Reaction score
Did you get the box reinforcement bracket that the owners manual says needs to be installed? I have a back rack that I want to install on mine. Called the dealer, didn’t know anything about it. Still waiting to hear back.

JayRam19

Reaction score
I did not know of this. I will look at my manual.

JayRam19

Reaction score
I’ve been looking around the web about this and found that over time a heavy tool box will cause issue with the box welds. At the same time I cannot find a correct part number or picture of the bracket. My tool box is very light and only has a few straps, blanket, paper towels and a collapsible fishing pole. If it weighs 75lbs it would be on the heavy side. I feel I’ve been cheated in a way. 50k$+ truck and it can’t handle 125lbs of constant weight on the box?!? I’m going to the dealership and will inquire in Friday this week. Could they just want to make more money?

VTRam4x4

Reaction score
I’ve been looking around the web about this and found that over time a heavy tool box will cause issue with the box welds. At the same time I cannot find a correct part number or picture of the bracket. My tool box is very light and only has a few straps, blanket, paper towels and a collapsible fishing pole. If it weighs 75lbs it would be on the heavy side. I feel I’ve been cheated in a way. 50k$+ truck and it can’t handle 125lbs of constant weight on the box?!? I’m going to the dealership and will inquire in Friday this week. Could they just want to make more money?

I am curious what you find out. I’m still waiting to hear back from my dealer. They had to look into it further as they diid not know anything about it. The whole thing is kind of irritating.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Did you get the box reinforcement bracket that the owners manual says needs to be installed? I have a back rack that I want to install on mine. Called the dealer, didn’t know anything about it. Still waiting to hear back.

incredible, would have never known that if not on this forum. but needing a reinforcement bracket for a box on a truck really......

Users who are viewing this thread