5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, took delivery

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Sorry, for the pic, I am just exhausted. Hurricane Florence worked me over. My home in Charlotte only amounted to a good hard day of work to clean up. My sister and brothers have a place on one of the barrier islands in NC, and it took a pounding. Cleaning all week, then the call came Thursday from dealership, my truck was there. I would be by Friday afternoon. Some of you know this was my 2nd build, after my 1st sat in Purgatory (I) for 5 weeks. It eventually took some big wig at FCA to order a rebuild.

Upon arrival, found out the GM had left the dealership for a new job. Ok, already had agreed price, did the walk around before the unexpected haggling began. Started talking to Dealerships back in May, and got to basically EP pricing on 6/15 and placed order. MSRP of 66,700, negotiated to 56,200 including destination. Suddenly before me was a price of 59,900!
WTF! One hour of back and forth, no one budging I asked for the $1000 deposit back. Suddenly the New GM found the original quote. Lol, that was one crazy hour. Pissed off at this point, I hammered away on rebates, and yes, the Conquest rebate does work. Lol, I just had to show proof that I had owned a competitor, which I used my 97 Z71 registration as proof.
3500 total in rebates, including Ram $1500, USAA $1000, Conquest $1000, for a final of 52,700.

Now the dreaded Finance sale up guy. In stead of defense, I went on offense pulling up other’s warranty quotes from this forum. One hour later, I had Mopar Lifetime Warranty, $100 deductible for $2550. I was surprised the GM signed off on it, maybe they wanted me to just leave. Found out from one of the reps that after my truck was detailed and parked up front, some guy drove up and actually made a offer of 61,500. He claims that is what started all the crap I went thru.

Anyway, I have put a total of 20 glorious miles on this beautiful of a drive truck, including a stop for pizza and a cold one. Will post some better pics after she goes to the beauty salon next week for a gtechniq crystal serum treatment.

Cannot tell you how important this forum has been for me during this process. Look forward to the future.
Oh, seeing my name on the sticker was cool. 0F012830-5EEA-4E7B-B391-4729E77A53DE.jpeg

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! I know you'd been through a lot waiting, glad your family stayed safe during Florence and happy you got your new truck. Enjoy!

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking truck and happy to hear it worked out. I’m surprised you were able to get the maxcare to 2550 that’s a great price. Online with coupon I think the best is 2750 or so

Lakewake

Reaction score
Congrats! I know you'd been through a lot waiting, glad your family stayed safe during Florence and happy you got your new truck. Enjoy!
Thanks Jared, been thru worst storms as far as Cat. Rating, but the amount of water with this one has left some devastated, very heartbreaking to see.

Lakewake

Reaction score
Great looking truck and happy to hear it worked out. I’m surprised you were able to get the maxcare to 2550 that’s a great price. Online with coupon I think the best is 2750 or so
Yeah, surprised me. I threw the number out, cash, like a dart throw. Maybe the GM got something from FCA. I was actually trying to get out of there, then I am writing another check, could not walk away from that

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, surprised me. I threw the number out, cash, like a dart throw. Maybe the GM got something from FCA. I was actually trying to get out of there, then I am writing another check, could not walk away from that
I might have to call your dealer just for the warranty purchase lol

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, for the pic, I am just exhausted. Hurricane Florence worked me over. My home in Charlotte only amounted to a good hard day of work to clean up. My sister and brothers have a place on one of the barrier islands in NC, and it took a pounding. Cleaning all week, then the call came Thursday from dealership, my truck was there. I would be by Friday afternoon. Some of you know this was my 2nd build, after my 1st sat in Purgatory (I) for 5 weeks. It eventually took some big wig at FCA to order a rebuild.

Upon arrival, found out the GM had left the dealership for a new job. Ok, already had agreed price, did the walk around before the unexpected haggling began. Started talking to Dealerships back in May, and got to basically EP pricing on 6/15 and placed order. MSRP of 66,700, negotiated to 56,200 including destination. Suddenly before me was a price of 59,900!
WTF! One hour of back and forth, no one budging I asked for the $1000 deposit back. Suddenly the New GM found the original quote. Lol, that was one crazy hour. Pissed off at this point, I hammered away on rebates, and yes, the Conquest rebate does work. Lol, I just had to show proof that I had owned a competitor, which I used my 97 Z71 registration as proof.
3500 total in rebates, including Ram $1500, USAA $1000, Conquest $1000, for a final of 52,700.

Now the dreaded Finance sale up guy. In stead of defense, I went on offense pulling up other’s warranty quotes from this forum. One hour later, I had Mopar Lifetime Warranty, $100 deductible for $2550. I was surprised the GM signed off on it, maybe they wanted me to just leave. Found out from one of the reps that after my truck was detailed and parked up front, some guy drove up and actually made a offer of 61,500. He claims that is what started all the crap I went thru.

Anyway, I have put a total of 20 glorious miles on this beautiful of a drive truck, including a stop for pizza and a cold one. Will post some better pics after she goes to the beauty salon next week for a gtechniq crystal serum treatment.

Cannot tell you how important this forum has been for me during this process. Look forward to the future.
Oh, seeing my name on the sticker was cool. View attachment 5109
Sounds like got a fantastic deal. Hard to believe they would try selling a truck you ordered out from under you.

Lakewake

Reaction score
Sounds like got a fantastic deal. Hard to believe they would try selling a truck you ordered out from under you.
The whole ordeal was confusing.
A - considering another offer with a sticker with my name on it.
B - attempting to change the deal.
C - suddenly flipping the switch and giving me that deal on a warranty I was not interested in.

Maybe the replacement GM finally saw what I went thru in the ordering process, as well as being new he did not want to risk backfire! I never threatened them, but had I walked out without that truck and our original deal I was going direct to FCA.

RAM 4times

Reaction score

Oh, seeing my name on the sticker was cool. View attachment 5109
great looking truck!! of course i'm going to say that, it looks just like mine. best of luck with it!!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The whole ordeal was confusing.
A - considering another offer with a sticker with my name on it.
B - attempting to change the deal.
C - suddenly flipping the switch and giving me that deal on a warranty I was not interested in.

Maybe the replacement GM finally saw what I went thru in the ordering process, as well as being new he did not want to risk backfire! I never threatened them, but had I walked out without that truck and our original deal I was going direct to FCA.

Congratulations! I hope your new truck is trouble-free...we already know it's a joy to drive.

Pizza and beer on the way home does sound like the perfect antidote for the hassle of what you went through at the dealership, that was good thinking on your part.

BTW, how much would you charge me to do my haggling for me when I order in a few months? ;-)

Lakewake

Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope your new truck is trouble-free...we already know it's a joy to drive.

Pizza and beer on the way home does sound like the perfect antidote for the hassle of what you went through at the dealership, that was good thinking on your part.

BTW, how much would you charge me to do my haggling for me when I order in a few months? ;-)
Lol, let my ulcer get back to neutral. Friday was just one of those days that needed to end with pizza and a cold one.

Users who are viewing this thread