5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Lifted!

AcroNomad

Reaction score
I finally got it done - Rough Country 6" lift with Ridge Grappler 35s on my stock rims. I had to run 2" spacers for the fitment, but it's good. Slight rub at full turn in, but manageable at the moment.

Wheel liners and fender flares coming this week! Super happy with this!

Attachments

• 328628622_1780006872374043_6493197088543060144_n.jpg
    328628622_1780006872374043_6493197088543060144_n.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 279

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Linejunk32

Reaction score
Getting a zone 6” kit installed next week! Keeping my stock 20” wheels as well. I ordered 1.5” spacers for my wheels. Do you have more pictures down the side of the truck to see the offset? A little worried the spacers I ordered won’t be enough. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcroNomad

Reaction score
Getting a zone 6” kit installed next week! Keeping my stock 20” wheels as well. I ordered 1.5” spacers for my wheels. Do you have more pictures down the side of the truck to see the offset? A little worried the spacers I ordered won’t be enough. Thanks!

I'll take some shots for ya. I went with 2 because I didn't want to shave the studs down.

AcroNomad

Reaction score
I'll take some shots for ya. I went with 2 because I didn't want to shave the studs down.

It's weird because it looks like the front sticks out more? I guess that's why I saw other people doing 1 1/2 in the front and 2 in the back for spacers?

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    134 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 54

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
It does look like the front's stick out a little more. After I had my lift installed, I also thought my truck was front high, especially when I looked at the space above the front tire to the fender compared to the back. I ended up having Daystar 3'/4" spacers installed on top of the rear coils and it doesn't look front high now.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's weird because it looks like the front sticks out more? I guess that's why I saw other people doing 1 1/2 in the front and 2 in the back for spacers?
Yup, from the factory, your front pokes out just about a half an inch or so more than the rear. Harder to tell when still stock and inside the well. Pretty noticeable when you add bigger meats.

Linejunk32

Reaction score

Thanks man appreciate it! Truck looks great too

Linejunk32

Reaction score
Yup, from the factory, your front pokes out just about a half an inch or so more than the rear. Harder to tell when still stock and inside the well. Pretty noticeable when you add bigger meats.

Huh. Did not know that. Is the factory wheel offset different from factory? Cause everyone’s builds on here I’ve seen they have the same backspacing for the front and rear and looks flush

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Huh. Did not know that. Is the factory wheel offset different from factory? Cause everyone’s builds on here I’ve seen they have the same backspacing for the front and rear and looks flush

5th Gen Rams have a .4" difference in track between the front and rear, with the front being wider.

Track.jpg

Linejunk32

Reaction score

Linejunk32

Reaction score
When you do the 1.5" let me know how much the shaving was or if it looks sketchy.

I will. From what I’ve seen on these forums, anything over an inch and you shouldn’t have to shave studs. The wheels on my Built to serve have pockets in the back for the studs. I’ll share pics when she’s outa the shop

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will. From what I’ve seen on these forums, anything over an inch and you shouldn’t have to shave studs. The wheels on my Built to serve have pockets in the back for the studs. I’ll share pics when she’s outa the shop

It depends on your wheel type. The OEM Rebel wheels can easily accommodate 3/4" spacers. The wheel pocket depth is 1".

Users who are viewing this thread