5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got new tires

Decuchi23

Reaction score
I finally got some new tires installed. I'd been rolling stock for the last 3 months, but was itching to get the bronze 22's back on it. It's dirty, but hell it still looks good. Now I just need to get the new badges and hooks installed. Oh and a good wash!
33x12.5r22 Kenda Klever RT's.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 463
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 463
  • emblems.jpg
    emblems.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 459

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve thought many times about getting those Kendas and never pulled the trigger. They are very aggressive looking. How are they for noise on the highway?

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Quieter than expected, but they are brand new. Hopefully they stay pretty mellow.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy sh!t, the wheels look awesome, and all the bronze with your paint color is perfect …. Well done …. I assume you are stock suspension …. No rubbing with the 33” X 12.50’s ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Thanks, yea stock suspension. Barely rubs reversing out of the driveway at full lock. Haven’t heard a rub anywhere else.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with the others...and I'm not really a fan of bronze, but holy crap that looks GREAT on your truck!! As Bowers said...perfect combo. I'll be REALLY curious how the Kenda's do for you over time/miles...I was seriously considering them.

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Is the rub from the diameter, or the width?
Pretty sure it's the diameter, So far it only rubs when backing out of my downhill driveway and turning left on the drivers side, and it's barely touching. Hasn't rubbed in any other situation. I'm pretty sure I can just heat up the liner and stretch it a bit. I've just been to busy to get under there and it happens so rarely I forget.

Decuchi23

Reaction score
I agree with the others...and I'm not really a fan of bronze, but holy crap that looks GREAT on your truck!! As Bowers said...perfect combo. I'll be REALLY curious how the Kenda's do for you over time/miles...I was seriously considering them.
Thanks man, I lucked into the color. I originally wanted Billet, Patriot blue, or white. They sold the white one I was looking at, and didn't have any of the other colors with the specs I wanted. It was cloudy that day and I wasn't loving the color and was going to walk. Then the sun came out as I walked out to look at a different truck and I changed my mind. You can see the gold bronze undertones in sunlight and I knew bronze wheels were the way to go.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the color I wanted to go with on wheels and badges too but decided to go with a charcoal gray. Going to paint my badges soon and hopes it looks great.

Decuchi23

Reaction score
What color are you going with on the badges? I managed to get the hooks and front emblems on today. Hopefully I can get the rest on tomorrow.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m going to go charcoal gray as well. I just got my hooks powder coated bright red this week. I was going to do them charcoal gray but I felt like I needed something to pop out a little.

Attachments

• BB299526-2A61-4FB5-B33B-934FA79E946C.jpeg
    BB299526-2A61-4FB5-B33B-934FA79E946C.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 76

Decuchi23

Reaction score
I’m going to go charcoal gray as well. I just got my hooks powder coated bright red this week. I was going to do them charcoal gray but I felt like I needed something to pop out a little.
Oh gotcha, I thought your truck was gray. That's going to look nice.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I was honestly thinking about selling my Night Edition 22's (has literally 130kms on them) as I didn't think I could find a tire I'd like wrapped around them but holy S#!T🤯 Guess the answer is to bronze them and get some Kenda Klever's. Sick set up man. Got me dreaming about bronzing everything now.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve thought many times about getting those Kendas and never pulled the trigger. They are very aggressive looking. How are they for noise on the highway?
my dad runs this kenda on his 05 jeep grand cherokee which I often drive - It is noisy at all. very happy with it.
its been on it for a little over a year. not sure if size matters in regards to being more noisy but he runs 265/60/r17
I was looking into getting it for myself on my but the size i was looking for was on backorder at the time

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I finally got some new tires installed. I'd been rolling stock for the last 3 months, but was itching to get the bronze 22's back on it. It's dirty, but hell it still looks good. Now I just need to get the new badges and hooks installed. Oh and a good wash!
33x12.5r22 Kenda Klever RT's.
That is a great looking tire but they sure are heavy...70lbs each. 😲

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Do you have spacers on there Decuchi?
Looks like the wheels are out past the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread