5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got my truck an now a few issues..

1Raider

Reaction score
Yep finally got some drive time with the truck and have ran across some questions an some issues with it..

Not sure how to activate the front collision system,couldnt find it anywhere in the Uconnect options..
My truck is also getting stuck in aero mode once I get below 55 it doesn't return to Normal mode..
Also my radio will not hold the preset stations,gets aggravating having to reset them all the time. Here is a picture of my radio software version number.. 0C8E5665-4453-4066-9DFE-BF2811AE11D1.jpeg

Last edited:

1Raider

Reaction score
Radio software version number

Attachments

• 3F89C163-FF54-48DD-9388-B23F886CC4A6.jpeg
    3F89C163-FF54-48DD-9388-B23F886CC4A6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26

Jstadick

Reaction score
Yep finally got some drive time with the truck and have ran across some questions an some issues with it..

Not sure how to activate the front collision system,couldnt find it anywhere in the Uconnect options..
My truck is also getting stuck in aero mode once I get below 55 it doesn't return to Normal mode..
Also my radio will not hold the preset stations,gets aggravating having to reset them all the time. Here is a picture of my radio software version number..

Welcome!

The front collision should be here:

Settings/Safety & Driving Assistance/Forward Collision Warning

ForwardCollision.jpg

2. There is another thread on here that talks about this. I believe the resolution was to manual set the suspension to Normal and then it should return to normal behavior and switch back and forth correctly

3. Your radio is probably in demo mode and won't save the settings. Once the dealer lists the truck as sold with SXM (may take a day or two), it should switch out of demo mode and save your setting correctly.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Welcome!

The front collision should be here:

Settings/Safety & Driving Assistance/Forward Collision Warning

View attachment 5754

2. There is another thread on here that talks about this. I believe the resolution was to manual set the suspension to Normal and then it should return to normal behavior and switch back and forth correctly

3. Your radio is probably in demo mode and won't save the settings. Once the dealer lists the truck as sold with SXM (may take a day or two), it should switch out of demo mode and save your setting correctly.
Also, if your radio is not in demo mode than it may be due to the key fob being synced prior to setting presets. If so, next time you set your presets hit the set then 1 or 2 button on the door depending on which one your key fob was set too. That fixed it for me.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Good to have another two-tone around.

stubright

Reaction score
The radio station preset are tied to the convenience setting on the driver side door You need to set your seat & mirror position as well as the radio presets seat cooling . ect. Once you have all these set simple push the S button and then the number 1 or 2 it will show it is set in memory in the gage cluster. If some one else changes any of the items just hit the number you saved them under and they will set back to your settings.

D

Deleted member 85

That done the trick stubright,thanks for the tip..
Eh - when you picked it up, did a salesman spend the 30+ minutes required to give a proper demonstration of all of the tech? Or did they throw you the keys?

1Raider

Reaction score
Just threw me the keys! Lol
I'm just joking,heck I like to get outta there as fast as I can as that makes for the best Dealer experience for me..

Users who are viewing this thread