5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally done!

Huskymush

Reaction score
Finally done with all of the exterior mods I wanted to do and am pretty happy with the result and just wanted to share with everyone. Swapped out all the emblems I could for black ones. Had the front grill, door handle inserts and side chrome strips wrapped in black. Took off the chrome window trims and installed the black parts from the non limited trucks. Added on a Snugtop shell for my dogs and also slapped on some color matched bushwhacker fender flares and installed some fuel Anza wheels.
22869 22870 22872 20190330_125841.jpg

MrMopar

Reaction score
Finally done with all of the exterior mods I wanted to do and am pretty happy with the result and just wanted to share with everyone. Swapped out all the emblems I could for black ones. Had the front grill, door handle inserts and side chrome strips wrapped in black. Took off the chrome window trims and installed the black parts from the non limited trucks. Added on a Snugtop shell for my dogs and also slapped on some color matched bushwhacker fender flares and installed some fuel Anza wheels.
View attachment 22869 View attachment 22870 View attachment 22872 View attachment 22871
Looks good...

Cack84

Reaction score
View attachment 22869 View attachment 22870 View attachment 22872 View attachment 22871
where did you order the limited and 4x4 emblems?

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
More pics please! I want to do the same thing. My truck is pretty much the same except I opted for the chrome bumpers :(

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are the Bushwacker color matched flares... *Color match accuracy - Clear coat quality / *material durability / *Fitment??? I've been eager to get these but I read a couple reviews who claim the color wasn't matched correctly , their finish isn't smooth yet grainy. Being that they are around $800.00 there are 2 other companies that make color matched fender flares @ a cheaper price...

sgk

Reaction score
Turned out great! I was going to add I don't really like bed caps but scrolling down and seeing how much your dogs like it changes my mind. You weren't kidding about it being for your dogs, that's a beautiful sled team you have there.

Huskymush

Reaction score
where did you order the limited and 4x4 emblems?
Found them on eBay, the 4x4 is a Mopar part but the limited is not.

More pics please! I want to do the same thing. My truck is pretty much the same except I opted for the chrome bumpers :(
Will do, getting it ceramic coated this weekend. Once I get it back will definitely snap more pics.

How are the Bushwacker color matched flares... *Color match accuracy - Clear coat quality / *material durability / *Fitment??? I've been eager to get these but I read a couple reviews who claim the color wasn't matched correctly , their finish isn't smooth yet grainy. Being that they are around $800.00 there are 2 other companies that make color matched fender flares @ a cheaper price...
I wasn't even aware that they had a color matched option. I just bought the black ones and had them color matched at a local body shop to get the paint as accurate as possible.

Turned out great! I was going to add I don't really like bed caps but scrolling down and seeing how much your dogs like it changes my mind. You weren't kidding about it being for your dogs, that's a beautiful sled team you have there.
Thank you! The truck has been working out well for them 24123

Reaction score
Beautiful truck!! I love the flares. I've been waiting for those to come out. Are they the bushwacker 50924-02? If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back?

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found them on eBay, the 4x4 is a Mopar part but the limited is not.

Can you provide a link to the Limited badge? Love the truck very similar to mine. How was the window trim change? (mine is wrapped but may change)

macallien

Reaction score
Congrats on a great looking truck! Few questions for you!
1- How hard was it to change out the window chrome molding?
2- How much and how much work for wrapping the grill and inserts of door handles?
3- The body side door molding is that painted or wrapped?

Huskymush

Reaction score
Beautiful truck!! I love the flares. I've been waiting for those to come out. Are they the bushwacker 50924-02? If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back?
I believe they we're $400. I know another member has a set in the for sale section available.

Can you provide a link to the Limited badge? Love the truck very similar to mine. How was the window trim change? (mine is wrapped but may change)
Looks like the link has been posted. Window trim. Change was pretty tideius. Front door panels and side mirrors had to be removed. The rear isn't too bad though.

Congrats on a great looking truck! Few questions for you!
1- How hard was it to change out the window chrome molding?
2- How much and how much work for wrapping the grill and inserts of door handles?
3- The body side door molding is that painted or wrapped?
1. See my reply above
2.I have a buddy who wraps cars so he kinda hooked me up. It took him 4 hours to wrap everything.
3. It's wrapped

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online