5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally decided on my mild lift plan

rsonedecker

Reaction score
ORP Front shocks and springs, topped with Readylift top-hat spacers (you can see them already installed)
ORP Rear shocks and springs
Readylift UCAs
Hellwig rear sway bar

My truck is measuring just below 2" of rake (probably somewhere between 1.75" and 2"), and the Readylift top-hat spacers really only produce about 1.6"-1.75" of lift*** so I'm hoping to gain 2.5"-2.75" lift in the front, and 1" in the rear, which will still leave me with some very slight rake which is what I am looking for.

*** The Readylift top-hat spacers are only 1.125" tall, and from evidence, I've seen that they don't actually produce 2" of lift. These are the same top-hat spacers that are in the 3.5" lift (had both at one time), and that kit also contains the preload spacers that actually DO produce 2" of lift, so it further makes sense that these top-hats would not also produce 2" of lift. As well, the Daystar and Motofab 2" spacers (that actually produce 2" of lift) are 1.375" and 1.4375" tall respectively, so just by that fact doing the math, a spacer that's only 1.125" tall should produce proportionately less lift (math says ~1.6"). We shall see, won't we?

IMG_7835.jpg

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds good. I have been contemplating the same. Where did you get the parts from the offroad package? Mind telling me how much it ran you?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
All 4 Shocks ran me $150 locally. When I began to contemplated this, I reached out to several local dealers and told them I was interested in off road shocks if they ended up doing a lift on an ORP.

Springs were new sourced from an online Mopar parts place (most are competitive in price) - Fronts were $44 each, Rears were $102 each (everything plus shipping - shop the shipping, that's where they get you if they are too far away from you). I have no idea why the rears are so much more expensive than the fronts - an alternative could just be a spacer, but I just wanted as much of the lift to be "stock" so opted for 1" of the front and rear lift be "stock".

I got the top-hats and arms as "blems" from a company on Amazon (selling as used because they were scratched when a customer returned the kit all loose in the box) for $295.

I also opted to get all the mounting hardware and parts so that I could pre-assemble the front coil-over (shock top and insulator, spring isolator, dust boot, nuts) for ease of installation. That was my choice, but those parts cost be about $80 total.

Hellwig = Amazon.

All and All, it's not like it was super cheap, and for a few hundred more I could have got the Mopar 2" - but it just wasn't as adventurous I guess.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not too bad. I've got the Readylift control arms and leveling kit already, but have thought about gaining that extra inch and keeping the same ride and not using any more spacers.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
If I'm right about the front spring (and I can't figure out how I could be wrong), you might be able to get away with just doing front and rear springs and keeping your non-ORP shocks, unless you're also looking for the increased dampening. I'm always toying with that in the back of my mind myself.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Ha...and as is typical for me (sometimes I plan tooooo far ahead), and after having driven the truck now for a while, I've decided that I don't want to change the ride at all, and I don't want to add the additional dampening of the ORP stuff. I'm probably just going to do spacers to get the 2-2.5" lift and be done with it...

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All 4 Shocks ran me $150 locally. When I began to contemplated this, I reached out to several local dealers and told them I was interested in off road shocks if they ended up doing a lift on an ORP.

Springs were new sourced from an online Mopar parts place (most are competitive in price) - Fronts were $44 each, Rears were $102 each (everything plus shipping - shop the shipping, that's where they get you if they are too far away from you). I have no idea why the rears are so much more expensive than the fronts - an alternative could just be a spacer, but I just wanted as much of the lift to be "stock" so opted for 1" of the front and rear lift be "stock".

I got the top-hats and arms as "blems" from a company on Amazon (selling as used because they were scratched when a customer returned the kit all loose in the box) for $295.

I also opted to get all the mounting hardware and parts so that I could pre-assemble the front coil-over (shock top and insulator, spring isolator, dust boot, nuts) for ease of installation. That was my choice, but those parts cost be about $80 total.

Hellwig = Amazon.

All and All, it's not like it was super cheap, and for a few hundred more I could have got the Mopar 2" - but it just wasn't as adventurous I guess.

Can you tell me what the Hellwig Part Number is? Want to get the right one.

DeDax

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the finished product?
i am contemplating the same sort of project a mix between the Mopar Stage 2 & ORP.

skol

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the finished product?
i am contemplating the same sort of project a mix between the Mopar Stage 2 & ORP.

I have the Mopar 2” Lift with the updated Spacer. Also added the ORP springs. Just put it on last week.

dfc50dd112c48955d0ad1022ac34bc5e.jpg

DeDax

Reaction score
thats exactly my plan Skol, with the addition of a helwig sway bar
still deciding on a wheel/tire set up. thought about spacers and stock wheels or going with an aftermarket set up

skol

Reaction score
How’s the ride now? Did the ORP make it tougher?

I honestly did notice a difference in the ride. Of course it’s subjective. I will say adding the AT tires changed it but to me it’s still very nice and smooth.

skol

Reaction score
thats exactly my plan Skol, with the addition of a helwig sway bar
still deciding on a wheel/tire set up. thought about spacers and stock wheels or going with an aftermarket set up

I went with new wheels and tires. I had it on the stock setup but to me it didn’t look right.
Falken Wildpeak AT3 305/55/20
20x10 -19 Offest Wheels

skol

Reaction score
I honestly did notice a difference in the ride. Of course it’s subjective. I will say adding the AT tires changed it but to me it’s still very nice and smooth.

I did however lose about 1-2 MPGs with the new tires/wheels

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did you add the tires at the same time as the whole lift?

skol

Reaction score
Did you add the tires at the same time as the whole lift?

I added the tires after the Mopar Lift. Then I heard about the added spacer for the lift and put that on afterwards

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the tires after the Mopar Lift. Then I heard about the added spacer for the lift and put that on afterwards

So how was the lift on standard tires? Was it smooth and then the tires made it stiffer? What about the ORP springs before and after.

skol

Reaction score
So how was the lift on standard tires? Was it smooth and then the tires made it stiffer? What about the ORP springs before and after.

The lift with stock tires was the same to me. Maybe even better though that may just be in my head. With the new tires it stiffened up, but not to the point where it was really noticeable. The ride is still smooth and crisp. As for the springs I didn’t notice anything at all. I even took a look at my springs they took off just to make sure that actually replaced them. If the ride quality at stock is a 10, then I would say adding the tires would keep it at a 9.

Users who are viewing this thread