5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally a reasonable remote subscription price

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got an email today offering me the remote uconnect services for $60/year. That's remote lock, unlock. Horn, start and send and go. Those are the only features I've ever wanted or used and have been without them for w years since my trial expired.

Signed up and got charged only the $60 as advertised. No tax in my state.

Pretty happy with this as winter is coming and I like to start my truck as I'm Walking out to it after landing in the winter or sending the lock command when I'm 3k miles away and have that feeling that I left it unlocked.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are the features available at this deal/price though I don't think my Uconnect 4 is compatible with all of them.

mobile app.

Send & Go

Boundary Alert

Speed Alert

Remote Door Lock/Unlock

Vehicle Finder

Remote Horn & Lights

Valet Alert

Remote Vehicle Start

Curfew Alert

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Nice deal! Thanks for sharing.

What email address did it come from, Uconnect or Ram Truck? I used to get emails from Uconnect, but since I got me 2023 (2-3 months ago) i only get emails from Ram Truck and use the Ram app.

Can you upload a screen shot? I would like that offer, but have a newer 2023 thats still under trial.

Thanks!

dnice_1980

Reaction score
:oops: I guess they forgot to mention that my Ram App was a trial period only. That sucks. Sparky, I also just purchased the 2023 but I was thinking it was the same as the GMC app, It was free the entire time I owned it from 2018 until two weeks ago.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Got an email today offering me the remote uconnect services for $60/year. That's remote lock, unlock. Horn, start and send and go. Those are the only features I've ever wanted or used and have been without them for w years since my trial expired.

Pretty happy with this as winter is coming and I like to start my truck as I'm Walking out to it after landing in the winter or sending the lock command when I'm 3k miles away and have that feeling that I left it unlocked.

does the fine print say it will auto-renew at a higher rate?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'd gladly pay $60 to get my remote start back. Though to be frank, I'd prefer that deal comes in the spring so I can get through at least one summer/winter before a renewal.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took the below to say that it will renew at thew discounted rates but when I purchased it did not say that. I'll be saving the email and will call them when I get a chance but I'm happy even if it's only a year.
The email came from siriusguardian.com

You must place a payment method on file and based upon the term selected, your subscription will renew on a monthly or annual basis and your payment method on file will automatically be charged the discounted monthly or annual subscription rate plus applicable taxes and fees for each selected term in advance unless you cancel your subscription prior to the renewal date. You may cancel at any time online or by calling 800-291-0408. This offer may not be combined with any other.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also

Eligibility limited to former customers that have not been actively enrolled in SiriusXM Guardian services for at least nine months for a vehicle originally purchased at least 36 months prior to acceptance of this offer. The promotional rate will only remain available so long as your account for the enrolled vehicle remains in good standing.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With my '15 i would call and get the entire package for 79/year and i still call sirius and get the platinum package with the 360L support for 8 and change a month

Now that I know that they will go that low I won't hesitate to call them next year.

rconiv

Reaction score
Also

Eligibility limited to former customers that have not been actively enrolled in SiriusXM Guardian services for at least nine months for a vehicle originally purchased at least 36 months prior to acceptance of this offer. The promotional rate will only remain available so long as your account for the enrolled vehicle remains in good standing.

That might be why I didn't get it since mine is a 2019 so is outside of the 36 months.

rconiv

Reaction score
I took the below to say that it will renew at thew discounted rates but when I purchased it did not say that. I'll be saving the email and will call them when I get a chance but I'm happy even if it's only a year.
The email came from siriusguardian.com

You must place a payment method on file and based upon the term selected, your subscription will renew on a monthly or annual basis and your payment method on file will automatically be charged the discounted monthly or annual subscription rate plus applicable taxes and fees for each selected term in advance unless you cancel your subscription prior to the renewal date. You may cancel at any time online or by calling 800-291-0408. This offer may not be combined with any other.

Could you verify where that email came from? siriusguardian.com comes up with page not found, but Proof of Ownership works.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
:oops: I guess they forgot to mention that my Ram App was a trial period only. That sucks. Sparky, I also just purchased the 2023 but I was thinking it was the same as the GMC app, It was free the entire time I owned it from 2018 until two weeks ago.
GM stopped doing lifetime subscription. My wife's 2020 Traverse was only 3 months for onstar and remote start from app

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And I checked my email, I just got the same email Nov 3rd

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it will renew at a different rate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120-124918.png
    Screenshot_20231120-124918.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread