5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling the tank issues

GTSBUCS

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2018 Limited Ram. Beautiful truck, love everything about it... Except when I go to get gas. The tank could be below 1/4 and I guess food doors up, his the sensor on the nozzle and turns the gas off. This happens Everytime and until I find that sweet spot out keeps shutting down.
Anybody else dealing with this?

GTSBUCS

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2018 Limited Ram. Beautiful truck, love everything about it... Except when I go to get gas. The tank could be below 1/4 and I guess food doors up, his the sensor on the nozzle and turns the gas off. This happens Everytime and until I find that sweet spot out keeps shutting down.

Autocorrect victim there... Should say something to the effect of "as fluid enters the tank it hits the nozzle..."

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
There have been others comment on this. I have had no issues at all with my truck but did with another vehicle once but it ended up being the gas station. I went to other stations and had no problems.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup its the station and even certain pumps at the same station lol.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I do not have this problem......normally.

There is one pump at my local station that does have this problem, and I suspect that it's because the back pressure valve is not working to specification on that particular pump. In fact, it even over flowed on me once.

However, if it appears to be a problem with different pumps, it could be restricted air flow in the fuel tank venting system. If you are in a winter zone it could be you got water in the tank and as the water collects in the vent system it can freeze, offering restricted air flow.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 007011 miles.

GTSBUCS

Reaction score
I do not have this problem......normally.

There is one pump at my local station that does have this problem, and I suspect that it's because the back pressure valve is not working to specification on that particular pump. In fact, it even over flowed on me once.

However, if it appears to be a problem with different pumps, it could be restricted air flow in the fuel tank venting system. If you are in a winter zone it could be you got water in the tank and as the water collects in the vent system it can freeze, offering restricted air flow.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 007011 miles.
Thanks Dusty. It happens every time I go to fill it up... Doesn't matter which gas station. I'll have service look at it next time it goes in.
Thank you for the responses to all and Merry Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread