5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fill gap between rear seats and center console/back of driver/passenger seats

19TXLimited

Reaction score
This may be a weird question, but does anyone know if someone makes a product to fill the entire leg room area behind the driver/passenger seats and center console that sits level with the back seat cushion?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Reactions: J4U

19TXLimited

Reaction score
For a dog, so maybe more of a platform rather than a soft bed like item as shown above. That thing is pretty cool as well, but I would fear nails would ruin it. I also wouldn't trust this for kids unless parked...I can see kids just flying around the truck in a high force braking condition or worse an accident.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
For a dog, so maybe more of a platform rather than a soft bed like item as shown above. That thing is pretty cool as well, but I would fear nails would ruin it. I also wouldn't trust this for kids unless parked...I can see kids just flying around the truck in a high force braking condition or worse an accident.
Google "backseat bridge."

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Google "backseat bridge."

This gives much better results than I have seen before. Most seem to hold around 100lbs...a little less than needed for the 130+ lbs of labs we currently have. They do seem to sell foam blocks though that would work. Thanks for the suggested search criteria.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
out of curiosity, since you just want flat surface for you labs, why don't you just fold both rear chair up?

R

Rob5589

Your dogs will fly around as well.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
My guess is because the dogs want to see out the windows and they'll tear the crap out of the doorpanels clawing their way up to do it if he tries to keep them on the floor.

This is one of the reasons...that limited interior is already too nice to put the dogs in, but the secondary reason is that the right "platform" for the dogs would allow storage under the platform for luggage and dog essentials if we took them on a trip.

In a perfect world the platform would be able to support 150lbs of moving lab...doesn't seem they have anything which will do that. With this being the case I may look into building a custom platform or just put them on the floor and cover the door panels/center console area.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
On second thought, it's too bad the camper style tonneau covers are 1) expensive 2) most of them are too basic of a design and do not mesh with the factory look of any truck.

Users who are viewing this thread