5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifth wheel or GN hitch

NDanecker

Reaction score
Looking for a fifth wheel or GN hitch for the 2019 Ram with air suspension and 6'-4" bed. Curious who has done the install, which manufacturer you have gone with, your thoughts and/or opinions.

Please don't morph this thread into a weight discussion. Hitch types, pics, install experiences, usage, etc. No weight debates but weight capacity details welcomed.

Thanks

geotex1

Reaction score
You had the tow beast in that 2014 dually! My suggestion is to look at your payload, and then consider the dead weight of the hitch gear, your normal gear in the truck, and the live load of passengers, and then see if there's anything left for pin weight.

As of November last year, there was only one install kit for a 5er verified to fit the new 2019. May be more now, but I don't keep track as I only tow pin with my 3500 DRW.

lambone

Reaction score
I loved my Anderson Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Hitch. Check them out!

The hitch weighs about 40 pounds and installs/removes in about 5 minutes. You just need to have a Gooseneck Ball installed in your bed (get the kind that flips upsidown when not in use).

Sadly we sold our 2500 and are also selling our 5th wheel because I wouldn't try and pull it with our 1500. Downsized the whole rig!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mr. Truck says... GOOSE NECK.

It's as strong as it needs to be, has a tighter and more maneuverable fitting, and leaves more free space in the bed.

NDanecker

Reaction score
You had the tow beast in that 2014 dually!

Yea. Rig was nice but too much RV. Couldn't fit into many RV parks but the 3500 towed it like a boss. Miss that truck too. LOL

Attachments

• 20170827_143907.jpg
    20170827_143907.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread