5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat Chrysler proposes merger with Renault

Barney556180

Reaction score
Fiat Chrysler has made a "transformative" merger proposal for French carmaker Renault, the Italian firm said on Monday.
The combined business would be 50% owned by Fiat shareholders and 50% by Renault stockholders.
The carmaker said the merger would create a global automotive leader, with 8.7 million vehicle sales.

Fiat Chrysler (FCA) said the planned merger would create a "world leader in the rapidly changing automotive industry with a strong position in transforming technologies, including electrification and autonomous driving".
Fiat said that if the firms' 2018 financial results were totted up, the combined company's annual revenues would be nearly €170bn (£149.6bn; $190.5bn), with operating profit of more than €10bn and net profit of more than €8bn.
No plant closures would be caused as a result of the tie-up, the carmaker said.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just reading this on the web and was searching to see if it was on the forum...and here it is!

Who wants a Renault pickup? Is French engineering a good thing? ;)

Renault is already in an alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi. I don't like Renault, Nissan, or Mitsubishi. I also don't like Tesla, but isn't that also in the mix?

Is FCA coming to the conclusion that they can't stand on their own? They almost seem desperate at this point.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday, Renault asked for more time to review the offer. As a result, FCA withdrew the offer.

That was an interesting exercise. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread