5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat Chrysler is recalling over 186,000 Ram pickups

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
From CBS News

Fiat Chrysler is recalling over 186,000 Ram pickups and is telling owners to take them to dealers because the floor mats can interfere with the gas pedals.

The recall covers certain 2019 and 2020 model year trucks with factory-installed mats, mainly in North America.

The company said Friday that owners should remove the all-weather mats if there's not enough space between the mat and the gas pedals, or if they can't get to a dealer quickly. Also covered are more than 43,000 mats sold after trucks were purchased.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From CBS News

Fiat Chrysler is recalling over 186,000 Ram pickups and is telling owners to take them to dealers because the floor mats can interfere with the gas pedals.

The recall covers certain 2019 and 2020 model year trucks with factory-installed mats, mainly in North America.

The company said Friday that owners should remove the all-weather mats if there's not enough space between the mat and the gas pedals, or if they can't get to a dealer quickly. Also covered are more than 43,000 mats sold after trucks were purchased.

I have the ram branded rubber mats over my stock mats and the pedals have plenty of room... if they’re going to waste time with recalls save it for important **** you can’t fix yourself. A recall for floor mats....another ridiculous feather in 2020’s cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the Mopar all weather mats in my 2020. Nothing wrong with them at all. Recall the rear window. Something that is an ACTUAL problem.
Apparently it's a safety concern, although all you have to do is hit the brake and you'll come to a safe stop. It's common sense to make sure the floor mat is not resting on the accelerator IMHO, but there are people who need to be taken care of I guess. Like needing a warning on a cup of coffee that the contents are hot LOL. Safety issues will always trigger a recall. The rear window issue is more of an inconvenience/appearance issue. I'll be very surprised if they ever issue a recall for that.

I won't be taking my truck in for this recall. Maybe once they come out with the modified floor mats I'll get one from the dealership to satisfy the recall on paper, but I like the extra coverage that mat provides under the gas pedal. Especially during winter when I'm getting in with wet or muddy boots.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Posted yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread