5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ferraiolo1 Ram Sport

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
May be throwing my Hostiles and Toyos up for sale in the near future for anyone in central pa thats interested.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Catch can was 15min. Mishimoto has a video online for the installation.

The Intake, I didnt really notice anything, other than some extra noise. Which was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering do you hear a sucking sound from the catch can area while truck is running. If I pinch the hose stops. So I’m thinking it’s the air going through the can area. Or the supplied gaskets are letting air by.

But definitely so glad I got one. I’m amazed how much oil is pulled. I might have to empty it before 5k oil changes.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I was going to hold off till my Hostile wheels sold, but with the way the market is, shortly everything will be on back order for the rest of the year.

Companies cant get tires or wheels, once they sell whats in inventory you're out of luck

I had originally wanted some Cosmis Racing XT-206R 22x10 0mm wheels in black with a polished lip, no one had them in stock, I was calling distributors all around the country. Cosmis even said there is a 5 month lead time on re stock. Only the Flat black versions are available and they only have about 8 sets left.

So then I started looking at Vossens, got to calling around to get quotes, and even they will be on back order shortly, I was able to get the last set Custom Offsets had in stock.

And with that i wanted a 305/45r22 performance all season tire, they only had one option the Kumho STX KL12, everything else is on back order.

So if you want wheels that arent black, get them soon.

Or buy my old hostiles :)

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve never ordered from custom offsets but have heard good things. And they have pretty quick turnaround it seems. Looking forward to seeing the new setup!

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Had issues with them in the past. And I know a few others who did as well.

But with the way the current market is, they were the only ones who had what I wanted and gave me a pretty good discount. So I figured I’d give them another shot.

They ended up calling me vs just doing everything online that way nothing was messed up.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, options are extremely limited out there, and like you said, likely to only get worse. I bought my setup mid 2021, and it took some serious digging to find what I wanted in stock. Required me to buy tires and wheels separately from two small no name vendors. Had to do if I wanted it and luckily it worked out. Don’t blame you for snagging the last set from them.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I’ve never ordered from custom offsets but have heard good things. And they have pretty quick turnaround it seems. Looking forward to seeing the new setup!
I ordered my wheels from Custom Offsets sister company, SD Wheel. Before I pulled the trigger, I did a lot of research. Custom Offsets did have quite a few negative reviews but it seems that they have their 💩 together now. Very good experience and quick shipping.

Even with the shortage of inventory, SD Wheel had the best prices by far. I would order from SD Wheel/Custom Offsets again without hesitation.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
We shall see. Even with “everything in inventory” they said it will be about a month to get everything to me.

Which is good that way I only have to look at them in my living room for a month or so before I mount them after the snow season ends

cervelo15

Reaction score
Various exhaust clips

Thanks for sharing the exhaust clips. I’m making a list of mods I want to take on this year and exhaust is one of them. I was thinking the AWE system because it was getting a lot of buzz, but these sounds great as well.

On a side note, I noticed your license plate frame was for LifeFlight. Geisinger?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yep. I’m the western region heli mechanic for them

For CO, they said my wheels and tires would take about 5 weeks to show up. It’s been a week, and they already shipped. Should be here Tuesday. Looks like they will be sitting in my living room longer than expected till march.

But plenty of time for the ceramic coat to cure.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
0af35e5e069cbcbc52be56e6b6dd4520.jpg

00757c74ac05778290fc3d50e9db2211.jpg

1bd2cc94ece7ad13d34e21816ebd518c.jpg

2356f60568618a8522cbe13d3dc7c1a8.jpg

99.99% chance I’ll end up lowering it 2/4 now.

Really happy with the new customoffsets. And their service

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look amazing! Really good looking wheel setup. I do have one question though... Why is there even a 0.01% chance that you don't proceed with the lowering? Drop that thing ASAP! 😄

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Lol I want to see how much or how little clearance I have once they are installed and the suspension settles. These won’t be installed till march after my trucks inspected and my Vossen lugs come in.

I got one of the biggest tires that’s “supposed to fit” with the lower kit. But one that will still look good if I don’t.

I still have to drive into the mountains to my Dirtbike spots. So we shall see.

I am really impressed with the finish quality of these wheels though. Good ole ‘merican made

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Well this pic kinda sealed the deal. Same tire size I bought.

8d23c4e042729999f6d9eb2fd3c61df1.jpg

I agree, it looks good but a huge PITA when I have to drive 15 miles of beat up dirt roads for a dirt bike ride. I've owned two lowered trucks, but for that reason alone, I won't ever do it again.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Luckily mine are only about a mile off the main road.

All my other trucks were lifted, so maybe a change.

Users who are viewing this thread