5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender rust

Wu7chamber

Reaction score
Good afternoon. Im curious if Ram still uses the foam sound deadening sheets in the rear fenders. I had a 2010 that rotted out above both rear wheels within 5 years of ownership. I was told Dodge installed foam to cut down on sounds and the foam would catch and collect salt causing the truck to rust from the inside out. Bought a new Ram a few weeks ago and am afraid of the same thing happening. Does anyone know if Ram did away with this, or should i get in there and remove it before its too late? Thanks.

Georgf

Reaction score
In the summer I did anti-rust treatment of my Ram, under fenders including, I did not find foam there. I also removed the tail lights and also saw no foam anywhere. I don't think foam used anymore.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
No, foam is not used on the quarter panels. The inner structure of the bed/quarter/wheelhouse has been redesigned to not hold water in an attempt to prevent rust perforation.

Wu7chamber

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the responses. I appreciate it. I am so tired of having rust issues. Love the Ram trucks i have owned. Couldn't help but to shake my head in disgust looking at the rear fenders on every one of em. Again, thank you.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the responses. I appreciate it. I am so tired of having rust issues. Love the Ram trucks i have owned. Couldn't help but to shake my head in disgust looking at the rear fenders on every one of em. Again, thank you.
Yes I agree no foam but I still removed the fender liners and cleaned then sprayed the wheel wells with a few coats of undercoating

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread