5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares

bbachik

Reaction score
Can anyone share where you purchased the oem flares?
I bought mine online from Athens Dodge. They were offering free shipping on orders of $200 or more. All four flares only added up to about $160, so I ordered a couple of small items so that the total met their minimum for free shipping. Note: I had originally ordered them from MyMoparPart.com who was a little cheaper per item. Buy after placing my order and paying in full up front (including shipping as quoted on their website), they emailed me saying they needed me to pay an additional $300+ for shipping since the items were over-sized. I told them they should not mislead customers by misquoting the shipping charges and had them cancel the order.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
I got my flares on but I have to say I’m not impressed with the fit. And the clips must be some weird plastic because the double sided tape doesn’t stick very well. I’m going to have to drill a couple holes in the lower rear of the front flares and the lower front of the rear flares and through the box side to hold the flare snug against the body because the double sided tape is not going to hold very long and I have a slight gap. I’m wishing I would have gone with aftermarket flares now instead of oem to be honest bushwhacker would have fit better. And don’t even get me started about the paper thin crap fiat calls paint, 980 miles and my rocker panels are shredded from the front tires and the max I’ve driven on gravel is 30 mph. Gonna have to have rockers line-x’d.

Mechaero19

Reaction score
Well I got the first fender flare so far and it wasn't what I was expecting. Apparently the fenders have holes drilled in them for the factory fender flares, I was expecting double sided tape like they use to use. I will probably remove all those clips and get some double sided tape to attach them.

Were they expensive?

DennisB

Reaction score
Well I got the first fender flare so far and it wasn't what I was expecting. Apparently the fenders have holes drilled in them for the factory fender flares, I was expecting double sided tape like they use to use. I will probably remove all those clips and get some double sided tape to attach them.
Hey there, wondering how everything turned out with the double sided tape. I have the OEM painted flares for my 2020 Bighorn and contemplated having a body shop drill holes in the fenders, but that is a lot of holes for a brand new truck :/ What tape did you use and how has it worked out. Any tips would be very helpful! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread