5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender flares recommendation ?

Jack.

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of putting some new fender flares on my truck, Im running 285/65r18 with -12mm fuel rebel 6. Any recommendation on flares ?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Below is the PN for the Mopar flares.

Genuine Mopar Wheel Flares - 82215284AB

The RAM trims that have the factory flares (wheel well moldings) have different fenders, so the OEM flares you see on those will not work due to mounting tabs that go through the fender.

I bought these from eBay, installed then removed them because they look silly with stock tires. When I get bigger shoes, they may go back on.

Good luck, I hope that helped. 🤙🏽

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I vote for OEM also. The -12 offset doesn’t need any more than that.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
You can use the OEM flares, you would need to modify them by grinding the plastic tabs that go through the fenders off then using some good 3m double sided tape to mount them. The OEM mount with the tabs and the screws that hold your wheel well liners.

Reaction score
I'm going for a more aggresive fender flair look. I'm gonna buy these with my next paycheck :)

SF1 - Rough Country Fender Flairs
T
I'm going for a more aggresive fender flair look. I'm gonna buy these with my next paycheck :)

SF1 - Rough Country Fender Flairs
Those flares on the white truck in that link are not SF1s. Those are e series pocket. Same as I have. Sf1 doesn't have rivet holes and are more flat. They look good. If you want the rounded, rivet style , buy the pocket fenders. My eseries are off right now because they warped. RC refunded me, I just havent gotten more yet. The pockets have a little lip that sticks out and makes them stiffer. 2.5" coverage. FYI, still doesnt completely cover 35x12.5 @ -24

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally installed my eBay flares. They look pretty stock. Here is the link to the current version. Mines was painted.

20231019_130032.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread