5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flare Removal

Bradeno

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the factory flares on the 2019 Rebels?

In order to remove the grill, there are bolts behind the plastic trim piece between the bumper and headlight that need to be removed.

It looks like to remove that trim piece would require removing the factory flare which I can’t figure out how else is attached other than the bolts on the underside.

If anyone knows of a way to remove the flares or an easier way to remove the grill, that would be great.

Thanks Everyone

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup ...

there are nuts/snaps behind that you also need to remove .. thus forcing you to remove the wheel well liners. They used to use 3M tape, but not any longer from what I have seen.

and by-the-way, welcome to the forums 1st time poster.

there are other links within the forums here that give you a how-to .. feel free to browse around and take a look-see :)

Bradeno

Reaction score
That explains it, I’ll remove the wheel well liners to access those nuts/snaps.

Thank you!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DO NOT REMOVE THE INNER WHEEL WELL LINER

I just replaced one today on a 2019 Rebel .. remove the 8mm "bolts" from inner wheel well .. once those are removed (also the 4 on the mud flaps if you also have those), then starting from one of the lower edges (I started from the front), just slide your fingers underneath and pull .. the "top" portion of the fender flare will "pop" .. you did not break it .. now position your hands at the top portion and move and pull and repeat .. the fender flare comes off in less than 5 mins. You can use a panel removal tool if you have one, but the snaps do not really require you to use a tool.

The initial images threw me off .. they are just snap plugs that hold it on .. a previous version must have been aftermarket or 4th gen (I thought they only used 3M - now I know -- MUCH easier!)

I did not take a picture of the new flare, but here is what the vehicle fender looks like:
(just run a cleaning rag over the dirty line)

Bradeno

Reaction score
Thanks Diamondback!

I haven’t got around to taking them off yet... hopefully this weekend. But this is great info! Makes it much easier knowing this, thanks again!

Ruben73

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I'm considering the Mopar flares

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should only need to go up so far on the front flare since you aren't removing the entire thing .. grab a rag or something to hold it out a bit. You can use the trim removal tool as well for safety. I was replacing one, so I wasn't overly careful of pulling off the old one but kept track of how it was put together.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
I’m so glad they don’t use 3M anymore! Going to remove my rear fenders to install a bed graphic

Chrisburgess72

Reaction score
DO NOT REMOVE THE INNER WHEEL WELL LINER

I just replaced one today on a 2019 Rebel .. remove the 8mm "bolts" from inner wheel well .. once those are removed (also the 4 on the mud flaps if you also have those), then starting from one of the lower edges (I started from the front), just slide your fingers underneath and pull .. the "top" portion of the fender flare will "pop" .. you did not break it .. now position your hands at the top portion and move and pull and repeat .. the fender flare comes off in less than 5 mins. You can use a panel removal tool if you have one, but the snaps do not really require you to use a tool.

The initial images threw me off .. they are just snap plugs that hold it on .. a previous version must have been aftermarket or 4th gen (I thought they only used 3M - now I know -- MUCH easier!)

I did not take a picture of the new flare, but here is what the vehicle fender looks like:
(just run a cleaning rag over the dirty line)

View attachment 32311
diamondback, where did you purchase the OEM fender flare?

can you also provide me with the part number?

I too have a 2019 Rebel, and someone side swiped me in the parking lot. I want to replace the flare ASAP.

THANKS!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
diamondback, where did you purchase the OEM fender flare?

can you also provide me with the part number?

I too have a 2019 Rebel, and someone side swiped me in the parking lot. I want to replace the flare ASAP.

THANKS!

Local dealer .. I think it was less than $75 (I didn't pay for it)

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Local dealer .. I think it was less than $75 (I didn't pay for it)

So there’s actual holes in the fenders? So I’m guessing you can’t run without flares on the 5th gen Rebels?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradeno

Reaction score
So there’s actual holes in the fenders? So I’m guessing you can’t run without flares on the 5th gen Rebels?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, there are several holes in the fenders that the flares clip into so you wouldn’t want to run the truck without them.

Users who are viewing this thread