5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flare Identification Help

jpearceTX

Reaction score
My passenger side fender flare started to separate the other day. I took my 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie with Night Edition package to the dealership. Of course the first thing they said was that it was out of warranty lol, of course. And then they surprised me by saying my fender flares are aftermarket. I bought the truck used so I wasn't aware of that. Thought it was strange for someone to put aftermarket flares on a Laramie that came with flares from the factory I think.

I am trying to figure out who makes my flares in order for me to know how they are supposed to be installed on my truck. I have read that most aftermarket flares are held on with 3M double sided adhesive. My truck has the factory holes for the flares but the bolts/rivets don't match up with those holes.

I am hoping someone has the some flares as I do and can tell me who makes them so I can figure out how to fix my issue.

The issue is with the front passenger flare. The very top of the flare is no longer flush with the body and the rubber seal/gasket has fallen down. I don't see any signs of any adhesive residue or anything.

Here are the pics.

Thanks in advance, Jason

20240820_094229.jpg 20240820_094236.jpg 20240820_094249.jpg 20240820_094255.jpg

jpearceTX

Reaction score
Well those look close but they have more screws/rivets.

From everything I have seen for the aftermarket fender flares, it looks like they are only really held on by the screws that go along the inside of the wheel well. The bolts/rivets really don't do anything and are just for show.

Does anyone know of aftermarket fender flares that use the factory holes in the fenders at the top of the flare to stay on?

Users who are viewing this thread