5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender bender........

Squatch79

Reaction score
Decided to take the RAM through the carwash yesterday afternoon. Was doing some pre-washing when out of nowhere I hear a loud "CRUNCH" and noticed my truck rocking. Looked up and a dude in a black F150 had backed into the corner of my passenger side rear bumper with his draw bar receiver. He sat there for about 5-10 seconds then hauled @ss out of the parking lot roasting his tires. I was trying to memorize his tag number in case he didn't come back. Waited around a few minutes debating on whether or not to was the truck and he pulls back in. I throw my arms up in the air like WTF. He gets out and is all apologetic saying that the carwash folks pissed him off and told him that they couldn't wash his truck due to having loose items in the bed of his truck. So he backed into me by mistake leaving. We swapped insurance info and I told him since he's at fault to call in to the local PD and file an accident report. So he does so and was all chatty Cathy while we were waiting on the cops to show. I told him "Dude, I'm pretty pissed so it might be best if you go wait in your truck and I'll wait over here by mine". Bumper got pushed into rear body panel, creased the panel and broke paint off down to primer. The tread plate on the bumper is broke along with some mounting brackets underneath resulting in it being pretty loose on that corner. Can't have nothing nice anymore I guess due to folks negligence. It's minimal damage I know, but it still pisses me off something fierce. His insurance company has contacted me and set up the appraisal and offered a rental while truck is in the shop and allowed me to use the body shop of my choosing. My preferred shop is backed up until late August, but that date could change based on availability of parts and amount of work that needs to be done. Watch out for idiots, they are everywhere.

Attachments

• Rear end.jpg
    Rear end.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Bumper impact.jpg
    Bumper impact.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Bumper, body panel and paint chip.jpg
    Bumper, body panel and paint chip.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 73

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good news is that it looks relatively minor, new bumper and some dent removal then paint.
I know it's not what you want to hear but it always could have been worse.
I got a sizeable door ding at the airport last week, no note left, nothing, just damage and run so I get what you're saying about people, they're :poop:. Still sucks that it happened to you though

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to take the RAM through the carwash yesterday afternoon. Was doing some pre-washing when out of nowhere I hear a loud "CRUNCH" and noticed my truck rocking. Looked up and a dude in a black F150 had backed into the corner of my passenger side rear bumper with his draw bar receiver. He sat there for about 5-10 seconds then hauled @ss out of the parking lot roasting his tires. I was trying to memorize his tag number in case he didn't come back. Waited around a few minutes debating on whether or not to was the truck and he pulls back in. I throw my arms up in the air like WTF. He gets out and is all apologetic saying that the carwash folks pissed him off and told him that they couldn't wash his truck due to having loose items in the bed of his truck. So he backed into me by mistake leaving. We swapped insurance info and I told him since he's at fault to call in to the local PD and file an accident report. So he does so and was all chatty Cathy while we were waiting on the cops to show. I told him "Dude, I'm pretty pissed so it might be best if you go wait in your truck and I'll wait over here by mine". Bumper got pushed into rear body panel, creased the panel and broke paint off down to primer. The tread plate on the bumper is broke along with some mounting brackets underneath resulting in it being pretty loose on that corner. Can't have nothing nice anymore I guess due to folks negligence. It's minimal damage I know, but it still pisses me off something fierce. His insurance company has contacted me and set up the appraisal and offered a rental while truck is in the shop and allowed me to use the body shop of my choosing. My preferred shop is backed up until late August, but that date could change based on availability of parts and amount of work that needs to be done. Watch out for idiots, they are everywhere.
If I was that guy, I wouldn't have come back. You're a scary looking dude...

1687968169803.png

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Happened to me a couple years ago, sucks. Check your state insurance laws as you may be entitled to loss of value from your insurance company. The repair will be reported and you will likely get dinged when you trade. Don't take their first offer.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I hear you on the shops being backed up. I hit a deer this spring and it took 3 months to get in. Just got the PPF on last week.

Glad the guy came back. I know it sucks and like you said you want something nice but F it. In the end, it's a vehicle. Get it fixed, drive it. It will get torn up and you will get another. I can't count how many vehicles I have owned.

6of36

Reaction score
I hear you on the shops being backed up. I hit a deer this spring and it took 3 months to get in. Just got the PPF on last week.

Glad the guy came back. I know it sucks and like you said you want something nice but F it. In the end, it's a vehicle. Get it fixed, drive it. It will get torn up and you will get another. I can't count how many vehicles I have owned.
I can...36 lol

Users who are viewing this thread