5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling the Road

cbecra1

Reaction score
I know having 22" wheels isn't the best for ride quality. That said, I am very happy with how smooth the truck feels (via my seat) over bumps/uneven pavement...etc. My one question (In the context of having driven an Accord everyday) is what should I really expect the steer feedback to feel like? In the Accord, there was very little road feel (Similar to my wife's 2019 Honda Oddessy). In the truck, I feel like there is a lot road surface conditions, humps/bumps...etc transmitted to the steering wheel. Even on new pavement, I still feel the road friction. Its definitely not a out of balance issue/wheel shimmy and happens at every speed. Is this normal / can it be adjusted?

ddharris

Reaction score
I get that also. A bit annoying but not terrible. I was going to rebalance the tires in the future to see if that would help. I call it "crunchy". It's like suspension vibes back into the steering wheel.

cbecra1

Reaction score
Agree that its not terrible, but definity something there. I am just trying to gage if its the truck characteristics or something worth taking it in for.

ddharris

Reaction score
Agree that its not terrible, but definity something there. I am just trying to gage if its the truck characteristics or something worth taking it in for.

I totally agree. I have two issues with this truck. One is 46-50 on throttle whine that the dealer said was normal and the vibration in the steering wheel you are speaking of.
Hopefully others will chime in but getting any consensus is very difficult for sure.

flynfish

Reaction score
I have an appointment next week for them to check out the vibration I’m feeling. I feel it through the gas pedal and seat the most I think.

Hard to describe but it doesn’t feel normal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ddharris

Reaction score
I have an appointment next week for them to check out the vibration I’m feeling. I feel it through the gas pedal and seat the most I think.

Hard to describe but it doesn’t feel normal to me.

Let us know how it goes. You feel nothing in the steering wheel?

flynfish

Reaction score
I feel it in the steering wheel, just not as noticeable as the gas pedal

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe a lot is due to the 22 inch wheels and if you have the low profile tires that come stock on 2019 Limited.

I test drove one of these yesterday and it seemed a much harder ride that the 20 inch wheels. Rougher than non air suspension trucks I've test driven too.

flynfish

Reaction score
I have the ORP and 20in wheels

airgas1998

Reaction score
the road communicates to me as well through the steering wheel...I have the original 20s

cbecra1

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. You feel nothing in the steering wheel?
Y
the road communicates to me as well through the steering wheel...I have the original 20s
I have played around with tire pressure quite a bit with limited success. I want road feel, but not to the extent i have it. My stock Goodyears were already replaced by the dealer after a legitimate shake in my seat and the actual ride of the truck is flawless (had to ride in the passenger seat after a few too many). Its the driving experience via the steering wheel and pedal vibration of the truck that is really frustrating and i am hoping can get resolved.

flynfish

Reaction score
Y

I have played around with tire pressure quite a bit with limited success. I want road feel, but not to the extent i have it. My stock Goodyears were already replaced by the dealer after a legitimate shake in my seat and the actual ride of the truck is flawless (had to ride in the passenger seat after a few too many). Its the driving experience via the steering wheel and pedal vibration of the truck that is really frustrating and i am hoping can get resolved.

Are you saying the new tires fixed the vibration issue?

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have 18" wheels. I don't feel what you guys are talking about. The roads around here aren't that smooth.

cbecra1

Reaction score
Are you saying the new tires fixed the vibration issue?

No, new tire fixed the bumpy butt feeling from having flat spots. It didn't fixed steering wheel and gas pedal issues. The owner of the dealership i bought it from is going to go drive the truck with me next week. I have known him for 20 years on a personal level and is as honest as they get. He will give me a true assessment and i will let everyone know what he says.

ddharris

Reaction score
I have 18" wheels. I don't feel what you guys are talking about. The roads around here aren't that smooth.

Yeah, roads around here are all under construction and very rough. But even on smooth surfaces some are feeling a bit too much vibration of Suspension parts through the steering and pedals.

cbecra1

Reaction score
Yeah, roads around here are all under construction and very rough. But even on smooth surfaces some are feeling a bit too much vibration of Suspension parts through the steering and pedals.
i just realized after driving home that it seems that my issues are amplified significantly after the temperature warms up throughout the day. Drive to work when its still cooler outside isn't nearly as bad as the drive home. Is this a signal something is loose?

ddharris

Reaction score
i just realized after driving home that it seems that my issues are amplified significantly after the temperature warms up throughout the day. Drive to work when its still cooler outside isn't nearly as bad as the drive home. Is this a signal something is loose?
That's the million dollar question. All we can do is take them to the dealer and see what they say.

flynfish

Reaction score
I’ve downshifted to see if it was the MDS and there no change to what I’m feeling

Users who are viewing this thread