5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback please

ken m

Reaction score
I am picking up my new Ram tomorrow. I hope to keep this truck for 10 years. The dealership is recommending the Max Care extended warranty. I can get an 8year/75000 mile warranty for about $2000. I am looking for feedback on this type of warranty.

Also,

I live in the Northeast. Should I have the truck rustproofed or has Chrysler improved the integrity of the body to keep pace with the competition where it would be redundant to do a treatment?

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I am picking up my new Ram tomorrow. I hope to keep this truck for 10 years. The dealership is recommending the Max Care extended warranty. I can get an 8year/75000 mile warranty for about $2000. I am looking for feedback on this type of warranty.

Also,

I live in the Northeast. Should I have the truck rustproofed or has Chrysler improved the integrity of the body to keep pace with the competition where it would be redundant to do a treatment?

Keep in mind, the 8 year / 75000 mile warranty extension simply extends the 3/36 to 8/75, with caveats the original warranty doesn't have. I didn't get any use out of my Lifetime Maxcare on my last FCA vehicle, so unfortunately it was a waste.

But as the other poster mentioned, you can get that same warranty for less online. I just ran a quote for the 8/75 and it quoted me $1620 as long as I am within the first 12 months of ownership and under 12,000 miles.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Not sure who you have insurance with but Geico offers something too. That’s worth looking into.

Don’t buy from the dealer. That’s nothing but padding for them.

Mopar would be another interesting option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing the 8 year / 125,000 mile warranty at some point.

RonH

Reaction score
I recommend sticking with a Mopar warranty. I had a third party warranty once, and when I took the truck into a Chrysler/Mopar dealer for service, they charged me $75 extra because they had to deal with a third party warranty. I can't say that's true with all dealers, but I have seen those add-on charges in several dealer shops. Also, remember that if you purchase an extended Mopar warranty and you get rid of the vehicle before the warranty is up, the warranty can be transferred to the new owner -- OR -- you can get a prorated refund from Mopar on the part of the warranty that wasn't used.

ken m

Reaction score

Also,

Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread