5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA shipped my truck without Two Tone Paint

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Vinyl wrap on rockers, good idea functionally. Better than paint when you think about it.

You can have the color you want, and be two toned.

Yet with vinyl, any scuffs, gravel chips, road debris, tar...all can essentially be pulled off when you sell in whatever many years, and you would have a fresh rocker and lower bottom in way better shape than most others.

Or in 4 or 5 years even if ypu dont sell, you can change the look for yourself, amd have a fresh lower.

With the paint, it is a done deal without any bennies as mentioned.

I dont think its a bad option at all, really. Same idea for bumpers. Maybe especially bumpers.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I certainly appreciate all the support. Doing my best not to be a drama queen about the color of a truck, but just frustrated about waiting as long as I have for nothing. My salesman and I had been in touch probably 6 or 7 times while I was waiting to let me know about the paint delays. We even discussed possibly bringing the truck in, in monotone and having it painted here. They quoted this as a $4000 option. I declined and said I'll wait as long as it takes. I really doubt that the dealer told FCA to ship it. Over the past couple days my salesman has been in contact with his Ram representatives to see what kind of compensation Ram will provide. They have told him that Ram will not be painting anymore two tone trucks for the 2019 model year and will not provide any compensation outside of removing the cost of the two tone.

My dealer now wants to talk about putting a vinyl wrap in place of the two tone...
You can do what you want but I suggest you talk to the FCA rep directly without the salesman present. I guess I do not trust salesman. I think you may get more from the Rep yourself. You may even find out what exactly happened. I can't beleive FCA would build and ship a special order truck where the color is changed without telling someone at the dealer and relaying it to you. You could also try private mail to Ramcares on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread