5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA response to my complaint about the Ram Build & Price website feature

CBH

Reaction score
I sent a complaint to FCA regarding the descrepancy between the 4 colors shown on the Build & Price website feature and the 8 colors that are actually available to order for a 2023 Ram Rebel 4x4.

This is FCA’s response:

"Please be advised, the Build & Price feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealership's inventories and not the ordering system."

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. The build and price is supposed to be meant for exactly what it is called. I use it to build and price different versions of what I may want to order. Should have nothing to do what is in inventory but what you could order for yourself.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds like a 20 year old with no life experience and common sense wrote that response. If it were me ...just for giggles...I would debate the logic of that statement back to them.

CBH

Reaction score
sounds like a 20 year old with no life experience and common sense wrote that response. If it were me ...just for giggles...I would debate the logic of that statement back to them.
I did offer two recommendations: 1) State it clearly on the website; and 2) Assign someone to follow forums like 5thGenRam to identify and up-channel issues like this. 🤷‍♂️ I suspect their strategy is to clear out dealer inventory by steering unsuspecting customers to the colors that are sitting on lots or are in transit.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good grief. Dumbest response I ever heard to a very clear question. The site is BUILD and Price not Find and Price.:rolleyes:

CBH

Reaction score
Good grief. Dumbest response I ever heard to a very clear question. The site is BUILD and Price not Find and Price.:rolleyes:
I plan to circle back with FCA on this issue and may quote your “Find & Price” recommendation, OK? :ROFLMAO:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not that the point isn't valid, but the builders guide PDF's should have all the colors and options.

Reactions: CBH

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's what you think.
I don't think FCA cares if you place a custom order or just buy one off the lot, either way you bought your truck.

The website SHOULD be any option available to be built I will agree specifically how it seems to be advised as.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
When I put my first order in for my '22 Rebel, the salesman asked what color I wanted....I asked, "what colors does it come in?"

We then went down the list of colors on his order list. Seemed simple enough to me.

Rick J

Reaction score
I sent a complaint to FCA regarding the descrepancy between the 4 colors shown on the Build & Price website feature and the 8 colors that are actually available to order for a 2023 Ram Rebel 4x4.

This is FCA’s response:

"Please be advised, the Build & Price feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealership's inventories and not the ordering system."
And yet the 2022s show all the colors. So dealers have "left over" 2022s in all the colors but only 2023s in four colors. So, all the 2023 Billet Silver and Crystal Granite as well as all the two tones are sold out. Yeah, Right 🙃

6of36

Reaction score
When I put my first order in for my '22 Rebel, the salesman asked what color I wanted....I asked, "what colors does it come in?"

We then went down the list of colors on his order list. Seemed simple enough to me.
If you order from Koons, they tell you use build and price, and send to them.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
If you order from Koons, they tell you use build and price, and send to them.

Did you ask the dealer if other colors were available? If you did, and the dealer said no, then I blame the dealer.

Sorry if I am gonna drop that kind of cash, I'm gonna make sure I ask/clarify before I order.

I have found the Ram builder site to be glitchy. Sometimes the browser is to blame. I have had days where they only showed 4 colors and the Two Tone Color option for the Rebel wasn't there, only to have it show back later in the day.....glitchy.

6of36

Reaction score
Did you ask the dealer if other colors were available? If you did, and the dealer said no, then I blame the dealer.

Sorry if I am gonna drop that kind of cash, I'm gonna make sure I ask/clarify before I order.

I have found the Ram builder site to be glitchy. Sometimes the browser is to blame. I have had days where they only showed 4 colors and the Two Tone Color option for the Rebel wasn't there, only to have it show back later in the day.....glitchy.
I agree the site is glitchy. If you sit down at a dealer, they go through the options. But if you order out of state, to get the better deal, they tell you to build it on line, and send them your build. That was my point, it's hard to do with the glitchy site.

Users who are viewing this thread