5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Repurchase and CDI Offer

mkicki

Reaction score
Long story short, my 2022 1500 Eco Diesel has been in the dealer twice, once at around 500 miles on the ODO and now at around 11,000, same issue, car stalled, first time they replaced the fuel pump, now the whole fuel system. Not sure if dirty diesel, but between both times the car was in the shop total over 2 months in the first 10 months of ownership. Fast forward to a few days ago, dealing with customer service from FCA, they are now willing to repurchase the car vs replace it. Lady from FCA wrote the following:

"Thank you for sending some of the documents and I have read through your email. As I explained in our phone conversation, this is a repurchase of your vehicle, not a replacement, FCA does not offer replacements in MT(or LA). My team processes the buyback using the required documentation from the purchase of the vehicle, following the lemon law guidelines, we do not have any involvement in the purchase of your next vehicle, the only thing I can offer you in addition to the repurchase offer is a CDI, this is a corporate discount voucher that gives 3-5% off of invoice pricing on your next new purchase(in addition to any rebates you are eligible for). "

The car with issues I bought from Mark Dodge at their EP pricing, an almost fully loaded 2022 Limited sticker was 79,395, ended up paying 69,277 plus fees. I had Mark Dodge build me the same car for 2023, identical build, now the MSRP is 85,235 and not to mention the rebates I got which were 2,750 in total.

So general thought question, outside of the massive inconveniences of getting stranded, why should I be out of luck by now going to buy the same direct build and pay around 6k more due to a manufacturing defect? Also with their repurchase deal, I haven't seen any numbers, but she will come up with some deduction for mileage etc. Is this a time to get a hold of an attorney, or no point as she keeps talking about MT not being an replacement state for lemon law.

As to her 3-5% off, I doubt that is any better than what we pay at Mark Dodge.

I appreciate any feedback or if anyone had a similar situation.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I would get an attorney in your state that has worked with the lemon laws on your state. Also ask the atto about his fees

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Years ago, Chrysler offered to do a buyback on my 2015 Charger Scat Pack. They didn't follow the state lemon law guidelines and froze my mileage at the first occurrence of the repair. This reduced my "usage" fees that did use the lemon law calculation. They did a replacement option for me and I ordered a 2017 Scat Pack as a replacement. They just changed the VIN on my loan contract and I had a new car with 1.5 years of the loan already paid down. They might not be willing to do that for you because of the cost difference in the same options. Both Scat Packs had a base price of $39,995. With the same options, the cars cost the same, but were 2 years a part.

mkicki

Reaction score
So a little update, Stellantis is still working on my repurchase offer, not sure what is taking so long, but I had to provide a few documents. Aside from that, and I keep asking them to do something. If I want to buy the same exact build car now 2023 vs 2022, the MSRP is about 6k more than what my MSRP was. So long story short, they told me MT is not a replacement state, versus repurchase state for lemon law. Anyone out there had any luck with such case? I know times are different now, and very surprised the same build is 6k more, and I hate to dish out that to be placed in the same car just a year newer. Anyone have any thoughts? I would like to see if any lemon law firms out there had any luck with this scenario.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had one buy back on a Chrysler vehicle when I was living in California. When Dodge bought back my 07 Caliber, I received full purchase price, plus tax/title/license fees, and re-imbursed for the cost of my tint as well as the LoJack the dealer installed.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask your state AG office. It's where you live, not where you bought it, but if you bought it in a state with more protections and took delivery in that state you may be able to use that states process. Ask your attorney. They should point you to who does your state lemon law. State lemon law is usually easier as it's pretty much a decided outcome.If you do the mediations, go to every one. It costs them thousands just for you and them and mediator to appear, and don't let them con you into cancelling day of for a settlement, the settlement and outcome is practically dictated by law. If you have enough to file for lemon law, there's nothing they can do it's statutory. Go, play on your phone the whole time and bargain. They are non binding so if you don't like it, again punt to the arbitration board the state runs and again it will be determined by law and again they will try to settle before. Tell them what you want and bargain. If you aren't getting more than the law saws you will, then proceed with the hearing it and cost them money. You usually get the option to choose replacement ( MSRP to MSRP ) or repurchase ( complete unwind like you never bought it, all warranties, fees, taxes, accessories whatever you've bought that came with the car ). State usually has a usage fee based on mileage and it should be locked to the mileage of the first complaint. They also pay for incendentals like car rentals and such.

You can also pursue Federal MMWA which is much harder, but allows much higher damages/recoveries, trebled damages and has no deductions for usage, and you can pursue both and recover under both as it is different jurisdictions ( state and federal ).

My advice is buy a prepaid legal plan like legal shield or whatever and use the free consults ( with membership ) to speak to a lawyer and get advice.

Kenny4

Reaction score
I thought the lemon law attorneys fees were paid by the auto maker. We've gotten many solicitations from their firms saying just that????

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the lemon law attorneys fees were paid by the auto maker. We've gotten many solicitations from their firms saying just that????
They are. You don't really need to retain a lawyer if you are doing the state lemon law. The whole process is on rails. Which is why I recommend you just use one of the prepaid plans or just pay for consults. My lemon law cases, everything was covered, legal consults, car rentals and mileage on other cars I owned. Also don't forget to deduect mileage to from the service dept, and the mediators if you go through with them.

Users who are viewing this thread