5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA replacing 12" radio with refurbished unit????

Kenny 23

Reaction score
Local dealer tried to install latest update with USB stick . Did not take , has authorization to replace radio but telling me it may be awhile before replacement arrives because it is a refurbished unit and the factory may not have a core to rebuild? I bought a new truck not a refurbished truck.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Local dealer tried to install latest update with USB stick . Did not take , has authorization to replace radio but telling me it may be awhile before replacement arrives because it is a refurbished unit and the factory may not have a core to rebuild? I bought a new truck not a refurbished truck.
I had mine replaced last May and when I had to call Sirius to get my unit back up and running they kept telling me the unit ID comes back to a Subaru. Clearly refurbed. Pissed the hell out of me.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This applied to most warranty work that included any electric things. Example if you bought an Apple Macbook Pro for about 2 months and it no longer working which will need motherboard to address the issue, the motherboard they replaced could be new or refurbished base on stock on hand.

Last edited:

coachdizzy

Reaction score

With what i have experienced (for 3 months) with no resolution in sight,i would lick someones sweaty ball sack to get a refurb radio. Reboot every 30 seconds....

Buck

Reaction score
With what i have experienced (for 3 months) with no resolution in sight,i would lick someones sweaty ball sack to get a refurb radio. Reboot every 30 seconds....
Goog luck with that

Users who are viewing this thread