5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Outsells Ford.

Horkn

Reaction score
Buried in the text was the reality that FCA ( not just ram over f series) only had more sales if you exclude fleet sales. However, fleet sales are included so this article is not really true.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buried in the text was the reality that FCA ( not just ram over f series) only had more sales if you exclude fleet sales. However, fleet sales are included so this article is not really true.

Ford done a move that really hurt them by stopping the production of Rangers allowing Toyota to steal a big chunk of Fleet sales from Ford.

NHjake98

Reaction score
I had a ford F150 for 15 years and I drove a 2019 before I bought my Ram Rebel. IMO Ford has sat on their butts and have enjoyed the ride too long. The body style and interior feel outdated compared to the Ram.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a ford F150 for 15 years and I drove a 2019 before I bought my Ram Rebel. IMO Ford has sat on their butts and have enjoyed the ride too long. The body style and interior feel outdated compared to the Ram.

Im not a Ford fan boy by any means, but this isn’t true. For one, they introduced the ecoboost line while everyone else did nothing but produce the same ole v8s. Even fords v8 is better than GM/Ram from an “on paper” stand point anyway. They also put it the 10 speed trans years before GM, who is still selectively using it even now.
And they have a new v8 that again is better than the other two.

And while it’s one of my least favorite trucks, look at the raptor. Not only is it a hoss, but the other two have NOTHING that even comes close.

Plus they redesigned in 2015. If you look at a 2015 ford vs a 2015 ram/GM, it’s way more modern. Dual sunroof, safety systems, cameras, etc.

Yes right now at this second they are “outdated” maybe, but that’s because the other two just put out brand new trucks this year. But had you been shopping for a truck in 15, 16, 17, or 18 the ford would have had the most modern design.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im not a Ford fan boy by any means, but this isn’t true. For one, they introduced the ecoboost line while everyone else did nothing but produce the same ole v8s. Even fords v8 is better than GM/Ram from an “on paper” stand point anyway. They also put it the 10 speed trans years before GM, who is still selectively using it even now.

And while it’s one of my least favorite trucks, look at the raptor. Not only is it a hoss, but the other two have NOTHING that even comes close.

Plus they redesigned in 2015. If you look at a 2015 ford vs a 2015 ram/GM, it’s way more modern. Dual sunroof, safety systems, cameras, etc.

Yes right now at this second they are “outdated” maybe, but that’s because the other two just put out brand new trucks this year. But had you been shopping for a truck in 15, 16, 17, or 18 the ford would have had the most modern design.
GM and Ford co-developed the current 10-speed, and media reviews suggest GM did a better job programming it than Ford. I’m not disagreeing with you on other features, though; Ford has been innovating in many areas.

I was shopping in ‘15-18, and I honestly preferred the Denali interior to anything from Ford (nice materials but dated Tonka-inspired dash). None of the trucks on the market really inspired me at the time. It took sitting in a ‘19 Longhorn (right after sitting in an F-150 Limited) at an auto show to get me excited.

Cravenfan

Reaction score

As long as you have garage doors that are some 8 feet wide...my boss bought a Raptor and didn't realize she couldn't fit it into her garage. :eek:

Dealbreaker for me to even consider the Raptor, although I like its looks, the Ram 1500 Limited to me is the new king of the hill and the streets.

Users who are viewing this thread