5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA offer a replacement of the truck any HELP!!!!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This doesn't sound like a buy back. This sounds like a trade in. If it is indeed a buy back, have them take the truck and pay you. After the bank note is settled, go shop for another truck.
Exactly what I would do. I would let them buy my truck back and I'd get a good pair of walking shoes while I figured out my next move :)

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They offer MSRP to MSRP so the only way that can be possible is to take something cheaper i think so

With MSRP to MSRP, the only amount that your new loan should increase by is the amount of the mileage deduction they take off, plus any price increase that may have gone into effect. But that is only if you buy the replacement truck at MSRP also. If you get any of the discounts that are out right now, even after the June ones ended, you should still come out money ahead. Unless the buyback truck had a huge amount of miles on it and the mileage deduction is consequently huge.

So, again, I ask how many miles are on the buyback truck and how much money are they wanting to deduct for that?

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Are you working with the dealer or the FCA? This sounds like you are just trading your old one in for a new one. From my understanding you have the right to arbitration if the vehicle qualifies for a lemon but if you dont meet the lemon law requirements for your state they will not be doing a buy back.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I’m just curious how you got them to offer buyback. Today marks 7 weeks of mine at the dealer for repairs with no other responses than to kick rocks. I did their scam of an arbitration where the arbitrator only showed up with FCA’s documents and conveniently did not have mine even though they were confirmed received and distributed to all parties prior to the arbitration by NCDS. During the hearing their was even a discussion between shop foreman and FCA via teleconference where FCA asked if my problems were replicated and he said yes and they had a conversation about it and still nothing. This 7 week out of service period is after the arbitration for even more than was presented for the hearing. I have never been in such disbelief in lack of customer care or honoring lemon laws. I told the dealer yesterday after receiving an update for parts on order I may be the first ever to have to bring a loaner in for an oil change, rotation, and state inspection.

eliasgzz

Reaction score
I’m just curious how you got them to offer buyback. Today marks 7 weeks of mine at the dealer for repairs with no other responses than to kick rocks. I did their scam of an arbitration where the arbitrator only showed up with FCA’s documents and conveniently did not have mine even though they were confirmed received and distributed to all parties prior to the arbitration by NCDS. During the hearing their was even a discussion between shop foreman and FCA via teleconference where FCA asked if my problems were replicated and he said yes and they had a conversation about it and still nothing. This 7 week out of service period is after the arbitration for even more than was presented for the hearing. I have never been in such disbelief in lack of customer care or honoring lemon laws. I told the dealer yesterday after receiving an update for parts on order I may be the first ever to have to bring a loaner in for an oil change, rotation, and state inspection.
Well since my problem begin at 6000 miles when the truck stall for the first time and the A/C stop, I drive direct to the Dealer and they put me in a Rent Car, the first time the truck stay there for a week they do their thing and when I pick up the truck surprise the A/C stop working again, I took the truck anyway I need for my daily work, then I taken again to the dealer for the A/C and a sound coming from the windshield, they fix again the A/C and never fix the sound coming from the windshield, then I start my first case with Ram Care, they told me to visit other Dealer and that's what i do, my A/C stop working again, sound from windshield, squeezy sound from brakes, both side mirror broken, a crome thing from the window fall apart, etc etc , Still having the same problem again and again they scaleted the problem somebody from other department call me asking what problems that i have, after an explanation they told that they gonna try to get something for my an exchange or a pushed back, never happen they only offer me money but that money is not gonna solve the problems that the truck have, i refuse the money and want another solution, they forget About me and close the case, I still taken the truck to the dealer, for more fixing thing every two weeks something happen, the truck start to stall more constantly, I get frustrated my truck were at the workshop more than 30 days, the A/C never work well, the stall problem they never know why that happen, then i get angry and call Ram Care aging and ask for a Real solution to my problems, that is no fair that we purchased something new and don't even have the time to enjoying because you need to visit the dealer soo often to get service on it, and this time the person who attend my call find the way to get them to exchange my Truck for a new one less the miles that i already put on it Texas thing of lemon law, this monday i plan to go to the dealer were i get the truck and start the process for the exchange, this is something new for me never happen before so I don't know yet how good or bad is gonna be!!!!!!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think we are understanding the exact situation. What you owe on your truck is an irrelevant fact and only serves to muddy up the question because If you put money down on your truck and FCA treats you fair you will get most or all of that money back because the mileage deduction FCA takes should more than be offset by the year of payments you made on your loan.

Let's go through this scenario, where you paid $50,000 for your truck, FCA offers that money back to you. They charge you $0.20 per mile and you have 12,000 miles on your truck. (Mileage deduction of $2,400). Then they give you a tax credit for the taxes you paid. This is what it should look like or something similar.

FCA Offer: $ 50,000
Mileage Deduction: -$ 2,400
Net Offer: $ 47,600
Tax Credit 7.5% of Net: $ 3,570

FCA Reimbursement: $ 51,170
Loan Balance: $ 40,000
Check to customer: $ 11,170

Now, if you buy a new truck for the same price as you paid for your original truck you would still be in the same situation, where you owe the bank roughly $40,000. My suspicion is that you would be able to find a better deal now than you did a year ago when the 2019 Ram 1500's first came out. As you can see from my scenario above, the loan amount is an irrelevant fact to the question you are asking, "is FCA being fair with their mileage deduction?" We can't help you answer that question until we know (1) how many miles you put on your vehicle and (2) what is the deduction FCA wants to make.

I hope this helps you and clarifies the actual question you are asking and cleans up the thought process a bit when deciding to take FCA's deal.

We also don't know if he was upside down on this loan and maybe that's his dilemma.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 4 June 2018. now at 017158 miles

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We also don't know if he was upside down on this loan and maybe that's his dilemma.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 4 June 2018. now at 017158 miles

That sounds like the issue. No offense to the OP but there does seem to be a language barrier here by their posts so who knows if we'll get a clear explanation.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Regards,
Dusty

Even if he was, a swap at MSRP to MSRP should not change the payment - if the new loan is the same term and interest rate. And if he gets MSRP credit, but can buy a new truck with the current incentives, he might actually come out ahead.

It sounds to me like the OP does not yet even know what the actual financial situation is yet. It sounds like he doesn't know how much of a mileage deduction they want to take. It sounds like he just heard "deduction for mileage" and freaked out.

eliasgzz

Reaction score
That sounds like the issue. No offense to the OP but there does seem to be a language barrier here by their posts so who knows if we'll get a clear explanation.
yeap google translate not work quite well for me hahahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread