5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA factory extended warranty verification

STLPNY

Reaction score
The brochure means nothing in a court of law. They look at the contract/plan you purchased. That contract/plan contains the terms of the Agreement.

See starting page 6...that is what a court of law will look at...the brochure will end up in the dumpster out back of the courthouse.
Most of those items are for lack of maintenance or modifications it also says ( you may have missed this when you copied and paste : GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, this contract will be governed by Michigan law.

STLPNY

Reaction score
And pages 6 and 7 contains all exclusionary clauses noted in GregHBNA's post...so what's your point?
: GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, this contract will be governed by Michigan law.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most of those items are for lack of maintenance or modifications it also says ( you may have missed this when you copied and paste : GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, this contract will be governed by Michigan law.
Well, you see, I deal with contract law as a profession thus I know my contracts and have done so for 35 years. I did see "Governing Law" thus the reason I never made reference to venue. Your entire premise that this is for a used vehicle is shot. Wish to try again?

And I don't care what venue you try to litigate in as the judge will always refer to the signed agreement...not some brochure.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well GregHBNA did not read the entire document nor did you
Well, sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Thanks for eliminating any ounce of doubt.

Last edited:

STLPNY

Reaction score
Well, you see, I deal with contract law as a profession thus I know my contracts and have done so for 35 years. I did see "Governing Law" thus the reason I never made reference to venue. Your entire premise that this is for a used vehicle is shot. Wish to try again?

And I don't care what venue you try to litigate in as the judge will always refer to the signed agreement...not some brochure.
Point is i have NO signed agreement only the charge on my receipt. And dont ******** me you did not see the governing law reference

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Point is i have NO signed agreement only the charge on my receipt. And dont ******** me you did not see the governing law reference
Then you're a damned fool for paying for an extended warranty and not reading the contract - and having a copy of it in your possession.

I'm out...GregHBNA can take it from here.

STLPNY

Reaction score
I only asked a simple question which was answered by some and thank you for that. I did not ask for the rest
Peace and be well all

U

User_3336

That list contradicts most of the items that are listed as covered under the plan. This sounds like the plan for a used purchase not original new purchase but i may be wrong
Those terms come DIRECTLY from the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread