5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Song/Artist Question

BillLumberg

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2020 1500 with the 12" screen. I sold my 2015 1500 with the 8.4" screen. The two things differences that I absolutely hate about he new Uconnect are:

1) On my 8.4, when a Favorite Song/Artist would come on, I would get a notice on the top of the screen and could press the notice and the screen would change letting me know what artist and song was playing. I know i can press that button that looks like a hat, go to notifications and then see it, but damn, pressing that sequence of non physical buttons, lets just say thank god for lane departure warning. Is there a way to have a short cut button on the main XM screen?
2) It only tells me the Artist name if I have liked the Artist and not the song. Sorry Ram, but I dont like every song by an artist. Is there a way to have the song title displayed with the artist name?

This seems like a huge step back from the 8.4 in my 2015.

TIA for any help.

Burnzie

Reaction score
if you figure out how to delete favorite songs/artists PLEASE let me know, I posted that question a month ago and got nothing.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
First off , welcome to the forum . Second I’m sorry but I have no idea , I haven’t set a favourite artist or song in this truck yet .

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1) On my 8.4, when a Favorite Song/Artist would come on, I would get a notice on the top of the screen and could press the notice and the screen would change letting me know what artist and song was playing. I know i can press that button that looks like a hat, go to notifications and then see it, but damn, pressing that sequence of non physical buttons, lets just say thank god for lane departure warning. Is there a way to have a short cut button on the main XM screen?
2) It only tells me the Artist name if I have liked the Artist and not the song. Sorry Ram, but I dont like every song by an artist. Is there a way to have the song title displayed with the artist name?

Congrats!

I like everything about the 12" screen better than the 8.4" except the favorites management. There is no way I know to make the changes you are asking. If we are very lucky, the Android-based UConnect 5 will be available for our 12" head units when it is released. However, if FCA holds true to history, they'll upgrade the hardware behind the head unit at the same time, so upgrading our software won't be possible. They've done it that way in the past (at least twice) with the 4th gens.

if you figure out how to delete favorite songs/artists PLEASE let me know, I posted that question a month ago and got nothing.

I just posted in your original thread. You have to create a listener profile before you can manage alerts. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

BillLumberg

Reaction score
First off , welcome to the forum . Second I’m sorry but I have no idea , I haven’t set a favourite artist or song in this truck yet .

Take this for what is worth, since it came from a dealer, but the dealer i purchased the 2020 said the hardware is completely different. I cant believe that something that worked so well was totally changed to an inferior system. Well, actually i can.

blazenlo

Reaction score
The "favorites" for the 12" is definitely a downgrade to the 8.4 that was in my 4th GEN.
Another thing I hate is after a couple weeks with the 12" I filled my "favorites". While in my 4th GEN I was still adding favorites 3 years after ownership...

Users who are viewing this thread