5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite song alerts

Burnzie

Reaction score
How do I delete favorites on the 12"? On the 8.4" it was easy but cant figure it out on the 12"(the wife saved a bunch of her crap and I want to delete them), I don't think it holds as many songs/bands as my 8.4" in the Challenger and Charger.

Last edited:

gpbst3

Reaction score
I maxed out my number of alerts but cant figure out how to remove them. The manage preference box is grayed out. This is on the 12in screen

CobraKai

Reaction score
If
I maxed out my number of alerts but cant figure out how to remove them. The manage preference box is grayed out. This is on the 12in screen
you push and hold on the song that you have alerting you on the screen that lists all of the songs. it'll give you the option to delete it at that point. Its only like 12 songs that it lets you save i remember being able to save more on my 2017. its annoying.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If

you push and hold on the song that you have alerting you on the screen that lists all of the songs. it'll give you the option to delete it at that point. Its only like 12 songs that it lets you save i remember being able to save more on my 2017. its annoying.
I don't know how many favorites I have but I'm sure there are well over 12.

Still not happy with the notification when on split screens. I happened to have the screen on media one day and noticed if there is a favorite playing it shows as a notification (?) or something on the right side of the screen.

gpbst3

Reaction score
If

Push and hold where? On the little notification bar at the top?

jjlangford74

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to have your saved favorite songs send an audible alert? They only scroll across the top of your screen. You have to be watching for it to see. My ‘17 had a beep when they came on.
My 2020 Laramie beeps faintly but when i try to "tune-in", nothing happens????

TailLights

Reaction score
Mine alerts (visual and audio bell), but doesn't tell you what song - just the artist, so you have to guess if it's something you want to switch over to. The same thing if you click the bell icon, then go into notifications (where favorites are listed) - it shows you the artist but nothing more.

I have a Scat Pack Challenger with 8.4, and my previous Ram PW had the 8.4 as well, and I basically lived in the favorites view. Because 8.4 allowed for 160 favorites to be stored, it seemed like my favorites view was always full of bands/songs I liked that were playing on the various XM stations. In this regard, I feel like the 12 inch uconnect in my '21 PW is a bit of a down grade. It's quite limited in the number of favorites you can store, and it takes a few clicks to get to the favorites view, and then once you get there it doesn't show enough detail to make decisions, so I've essentially stopped using the favorites option completely.

The uconnect system already has all the data it needs (items you like, whatever is currently playing on XM, etc) and the logical code is already in place to alert when something you like is playing on another station, so these fixes should be simple updates to the graphical interface (they just need to be prioritized by FCA).

Users who are viewing this thread