5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite song alerts

Tmcb

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to have your saved favorite songs send an audible alert? They only scroll across the top of your screen. You have to be watching for it to see. My ‘17 had a beep when they came on.

sgk

Reaction score
Im curious also, someones gotta know.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to have your saved favorite songs send an audible alert? They only scroll across the top of your screen. You have to be watching for it to see. My ‘17 had a beep when they came on.
My Rebel beeps, faintly.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My manual is in the mail and I'm not near my truck at the moment... but I believe I saw a notification setting in the uConnect options.

sgk

Reaction score
Im thinking its different with regular XM and XM360L , Im just on chat with 360L and they have no idea. They cant even tell me how i would know when a fav. song is on air, let alone getting a chime going.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the difference between them? Wouldn't it be the same support people, same software?

sgk

Reaction score
So after a bunch of back and forth about chimes, he ends up telling me we can't even save songs as fav.

You
ok, so can i save favourite song that is on air?

Timothy,
Let me check that for you.

There is no option to save the songs when aired.
It has to be real time bases.

You,
save them as fav. not as in record them

Timothy,
That's right, we don't have option to save the song in favorites, however, the channels can be put into the favorites but not the songs.

You,
ok thanks

Timothy,

You're welcom

sgk

Reaction score
What's the difference between them? Wouldn't it be the same support people, same software?
No idea Im not sure if its the exact same system. I know my last challenger it had a chime and it also let me rewind and fast-forward songs that i was replaying (not live of course)

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a faint beep. But you'll think it's just part of the songs. I haven't found a volume adjustment for it. Daughters durango same faint chirp.

I'll try to pay attention. I just don't have many favorites saved, yet. I have noticed there have been a couple times it wouldn't let me set a song/artist as a favorite. Not sure why.

sgk

Reaction score
I'll try to pay attention. I just don't have many favorites saved, yet. I have noticed there have been a couple times it wouldn't let me set a song/artist as a favorite. Not sure why.

That may 1 of 2 reasons, either the song is new or just not allowed to save (happens to me a lot with new songs often) 2nd reason is maybe your storage is full and won't allow any more songs. With new updates, they are allowing more songs/artist that can be saved. Mine was full last week and now I just added more.
Still won't beep nor do I know where to find songs that are saved in my favorites. So unless I actually see a fav. song pop up I don't know how to access it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That may 1 of 2 reasons, either the song is new or just not allowed to save (happens to me a lot with new songs often) 2nd reason is maybe your storage is full and won't allow any more songs. With new updates, they are allowing more songs/artist that can be saved. Mine was full last week and now I just added more.
Still won't beep nor do I know where to find songs that are saved in my favorites. So unless I actually see a fav. song pop up I don't know how to access it.

So while you are listening to XM, tap on "browse" (bottom left) and then "favorites" in the list on the left. Once you tap favorites, you'll see any that are currently "on air" and be able to remove and so on in that menu.
20180826_215324.jpg
That image is from a Jeep, but the layout is the same.

You cannot access favorites like a recording on a playlist, only be notified when they are playing. I usually use the "artist" rather than the song, you get more hits on the list using less space.

Tmcb

Reaction score
. I spoke to uconnect and they just made a note. I don’t understand why favorite songs alerts is not audible. It has been on prior versions. It also it hard to see what favorites are playing. Prior versions , just tap one button and it listed all favorite songs. Now you scroll through a screen of stations with the song in smaller print.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've noticed "On Air" doesn't work properly on my 19'. I can have a favorite playing and it's not on the list of "on air" favorites. It's obvious the entire uConnect system needs an update, 8.4 and 12" models.

rdmo

Reaction score
Is there a solution to this issue? I see the last response was August. I've had my 2019 Laramie Longhorn for 2 weeks now and can't find the list of Favourites On-Air on the new 12" Uconnect screen. The notification of a Favourite lasts a couple seconds and disappears. FCA and Sirius couldn't answer the question. Is this even a feature anymore? My old 8.4" system had the audible and visual notification and the listing of On-Air Favourites. Not much use creating Favourites if you can't get a list of them playing.

rjr1056

Reaction score
Is there a solution to this issue? I see the last response was August. I've had my 2019 Laramie Longhorn for 2 weeks now and can't find the list of Favourites On-Air on the new 12" Uconnect screen. The notification of a Favourite lasts a couple seconds and disappears. FCA and Sirius couldn't answer the question. Is this even a feature anymore? My old 8.4" system had the audible and visual notification and the listing of On-Air Favourites. Not much use creating Favourites if you can't get a list of them playing.
Same result here. Dealer said there was not an update at this time. Hard to believe they can't get a fix out

Scottg918514

Reaction score

Any update here?

my 8.4 in my 2014 Ram saved Favorites and showed them the whole time they were playing, and multiple, if multiple favs playing at the same time. The new “notify” system seems weak.

1. Holds way fewer songs/artists, like less than 25%
2. Flashes at the top on the screen for a few seconds and then is gone, and can’t be brought back up (at least i have figured out how to).

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Mine makes a visual and audible alert, then hangs out on my listener profile, showing an alert bell.

Jp306

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you fellas. I have selected VISUAL AND AUDIO alerts for several saved artists/songs, have never had anything visually come up and no audio notification that I remember hearing. A bunch of times I have checked if there are favorites playing currently, and they are, and in the middle of a song. Kind of pointless saving these favorites just to hear the last minute playing. Heres to wishing a fix is coming (y)

Users who are viewing this thread