5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite option on your RAM?

Baron74

Reaction score
There seems to be quite a few threads about what's your biggest complaint on your truck and sporadic threads on specific options and if they're worth it. Curious, of all the optional equipment you have which one are you most glad you got?

For me, it's definitely the advanced safety group. We have a 2016 Subaru Forester with their eyesight system and the RAM system is substantially better. The adaptive cruise sees quite far down the road and is much less abrupt and panicky. Makes optimizing parking a breeze with sensors and 360 cam. The forward collision braking has already saved me once from rear ending an F150 that stopped suddenly while I was distracted. I know some folks have had gripes about it but it's not given me any issues yet.

I'd have to agree with you on the safety group. I love the blind spot monitor and 360 surround cam. The adaptive cruise control was the game changer for me though. I knew it was there but was more excited about the pano roof and other toys. Once I used the adaptive cruise it become one of my favorite options. I absolutely love my Ram. Had Ford F-150 previously and the cab fit and finish is far above the Ford.

Damion

Reaction score
In no particular order.....

1. Passive entry, grab the door handle and truck is unlocked.
2. Panoramic sunroof
3. Heated / cooled seats
4. Alpine stereo, Ive always had to upgrade the sound in my vehicles but I can live with the alpine
5. LED head / tail lights

Turin

Reaction score
1) Advanced Safety Group, specifically the 360 camera. It makes parking this beast easy. Not sure I'd dare park in my just-barely-big-enough garage without it, much less back out past a car parked on the other side of the driveway. Adaptive cruise control is mighty nice as well. The ASG was a very expensive option for me given that I wasn't really interested in the level 2 equipment group (Laramie) but it was a prerequisite.
2) Panoramic sunroof — I love the natural light, especially in winter.
3) Heated steering wheel — Again, a winter luxury, and one that makes me feel ridiculously spoiled. Frankly, the entire interior (and the ride) makes me feel that way. No surprise that cars.com named it luxury car of the year.

barr0208

Reaction score
for me the blind spot monitor including the trailer and the led headlights a big improvement over the projector beam in the 4th gen

Grilleguy

Reaction score
1) ASG / 360 camera
2) 104 mph cut off ;) (my '11 Sierra cut off at 92 :sleep:)
3) 12" screen and ability to do a split screen with Nav and Media

BugGuy

Reaction score
Wasn't sure what my answer was going to be coming into this thread.

I guess remote start. Even though I haven't used them much, i like my ram boxes.

Rottie

Reaction score
Has to be everything related to towing. The flip out mirrors (work fantastic, no more aftermarket clamp-on POS towing mirrors), air suspension, 3.92 ratio, and the 33 gallon tank. Much, much better towing experience than my previous half tons..

Users who are viewing this thread