5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite grille

I also have a limited and like the longhorn grill! Would be interested in a swap potentially too...

I gotta go with the Laramie grille. Love the 2 rectangle lines that come in from the side. And all black.

Attachments

• A25ECDDF-9A8F-4971-A1E2-4EDEA6413AAF.jpeg
    A25ECDDF-9A8F-4971-A1E2-4EDEA6413AAF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • 6DC8ACB6-2A31-4D7C-B7CD-C3AE4D8422BF.jpeg
    6DC8ACB6-2A31-4D7C-B7CD-C3AE4D8422BF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
I actually like the mesh on the Tradesman the best. Im in the process of buying a grill and seeing if I would be able to keep the frame from my limited and swap out the rear piece for the mesh.

I actually like the mesh on the Tradesman the best. Im in the process of buying a grill and seeing if I would be able to keep the frame from my limited and swap out the rear piece for the mesh.
Did you ever get this accomplished?

I ended up trading the truck in before I had a chance to start working on it.

I like my Limited grille less after having to wash all the bugs out of it on a trip to West Texas. There's a lot of nooks and crannies on that thing!
May have to swap out a Longhorn grille if anyone ever hits me in the front..
Come back out to West Texas - I'll swap my Longhorn grille with ya. My complaint is that I just don't like the horizontal slats that don't 'match' the texture of the open slot in the bumper just below. I'm also liking the 'less chrome' look on the newer trucks (my 2012 Lone Star had some chrome accents, but I dumped the horizontal slats for black honeycomb). I love my truck, but I think I would've been even happier if I would've gotten a Laramie Sport (same color and options) instead. The love the saddle leather, but the rest of the interior is just a little too 'yee-ha' for me.

To me the Longhorn grill looks very plain and generic. I think it is the worst looking one of all the DT's. There is nothing distinctive about it.

Come back out to West Texas - I'll swap my Longhorn grille with ya. My complaint is that I just don't like the horizontal slats that don't 'match' the texture of the open slot in the bumper just below. I'm also liking the 'less chrome' look on the newer trucks (my 2012 Lone Star had some chrome accents, but I dumped the horizontal slats for black honeycomb). I love my truck, but I think I would've been even happier if I would've gotten a Laramie Sport (same color and options) instead. The love the saddle leather, but the rest of the interior is just a little too 'yee-ha' for me.

Ha! I'll keep that in mind. Problem is that I usually travel that way on the BMW GS these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back