5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Contacts resetting/lost and battle with Apple>Android

Thumbs5th

Reaction score
It seems to be related to using Android Auto, maybe not. Either way, the Favorite contact list never stays in memory for more than a day or two. Absolutely everything gets messed up if my daughter has her iPhone in range when I have the truck running. For whatever reason the truck will pair with her phone over mine and afterwards I often lose my contacts, phone info, etc.

Anyone else having this problem? Solution?

Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I never have the issue. You can remove her phone from the system. Under settings, phone, remove hers. And then in the iPhone BT settings, remove the truck. They should not fight anymore unless she adds her phone to the truck again.

GM26J

Reaction score
I have a similar type issue in that the system says that voice dialing isn't available as the contacts are endlessly updating. No other phones paired. I'm going to trying removing and re-adding my Samsung phone to see if that helps.

badvik

Reaction score
It seems to be related to using Android Auto, maybe not. Either way, the Favorite contact list never stays in memory for more than a day or two. Absolutely everything gets messed up if my daughter has her iPhone in range when I have the truck running. For whatever reason the truck will pair with her phone over mine and afterwards I often lose my contacts, phone info, etc.

Anyone else having this problem? Solution?

Thanks!
That's absolutely my issue. And I'm so tired of it. That's my second Samsung within the time I own the truck but it became now a weekly routine:
- pairing my phone (as it keeps deleting it every other week)
- making it favorite
- adding favorite contacts (which I do not do anymore). There are threads suggesting disconnecting the device before turning off the vehicle and that would help. But it didn't in my case.
- battling over iphones being connected at startup even though my phone is set up as favorite and IS in the truck while iphones are somewhere else outside.
I gave up, TBH.

St-na

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my Note 10+, but after update to UConnect 40.1 problem was solved, knocking the wood. Check relative thread, all instructions are there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread