5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQ : ‘19 Headlight/foglight adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure you all know how to do this but here are a couple of pics on how to adjust the front lights on your ‘19 Ram if you need to adjust after installing a lift or for whatever reason. This is a Longhorn but would assume they are all the same. Very simple. The headlight has a white headed adjuster located on the back of the headlight assembly that uses a allen wrench to turn for adjustment. The foglight has a black type of turn-dial on the back of the light assembly that a philips head screwdriver works very well in.

Mod note: Adding additional information to make this a FAQ. Thank you @19llhpb for starting this.

From @Cajunhemi

FYI... for the head lights turning the screw to the right loweres and left raises. It was opposite previous generations.

Found out the hard way, service dept thought it was still like the past gens as well and stripped the adjusting nut. I had them take a look and even after they changed out the nuts got it back and both lights were still blinding everyone.

I have discovered this via trial and error and thinking both sides would not respond. Finally tried opposite and All good now...

From @202snowman:

The headlight aiming procedure is attached.

Attachments

• 785EE37F-807C-47EA-86C3-409A29327342.jpeg
    785EE37F-807C-47EA-86C3-409A29327342.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,915
  • CE518231-FE60-4188-B9E5-C2CD5C3239CE.jpeg
    CE518231-FE60-4188-B9E5-C2CD5C3239CE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,882
  • 08 - Electrical - 8L Lamps and Lighting - Lamps and Lighting, Exterior - Standard Procedure - ...pdf
    262.3 KB · Views: 1,011
Last edited by a moderator:

Cajunhemi

Reaction score
FYI... for the head lights turning the screw to the right loweres and left raises. It was opposite previous generations.

Found out the hard way, service dept thought it was still like the past gens as well and stripped the adjusting nut. I had them take a look and even after they changed out the nuts got it back and both lights were still blinding everyone.

I have discovered this via trial and error and thinking both sides would not respond. Finally tried opposite and All good now...

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the service procedures for measuring them? I would like to see what RAM actually lists out for my Limited for the proper way to adjust/measure.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the service procedures for measuring them? I would like to see what RAM actually lists out for my Limited for the proper way to adjust/measure.

I think this is a topic as a sticky so I'm going to sticky this, and I'll put up the headlight aiming instructions.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In order to keep these threads short and to the point, the thread will now be closed. If anyone has any additional information or concerns with whats listed, please PM one of the moderators and we can edit the post to add the additional information (for example like above where some background information from the service manual was added). We'll try to make sure everyone who submits pertinent information gets credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread