5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken WildPeak Tire Pressures

MotoMoose68

Reaction score
On E-rated tires, but not on the OEMs...that would be over their max.
I never go by what is printed inside the door! Those numbers are for soft ride only. Does not factor load capacity, tire wear our fuel mileage.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never go by what is printed inside the door! Those numbers are for soft ride only. Does not factor load capacity, tire wear our fuel mileage.
Of course not. See my earlier reply about running 38 all around. But you darn sure better pay attention to the max pressure on the tires themselves! The OEM Falkens are rated for 51 psi.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire pressure is just super odd to me. The door jam would apply to factory tires, but off-road, at tires are completely different and can’t really rely on those numbers.

On my toyo it just shows max pressure of 80psi. On initial install, I had them on 40-42, and it was a stiffer ride. Aired downed to around 36 and seems to be much better.

I’m going to lean on what half of the max pressure listed on the new tires, then air down or up/chalk test as needed for a softer, better ride. Summer and winter changes those numbers as well...depending on where you live.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread