5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak R/T01 - 35x11.50R20 on stock 20x9 Wheels

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the new Falken R/T tires mounted up today. 35x11.50 size. They measure 34.0" tall on the truck. Tread is 9.25" wide. Running them at 40 PSI. Load Range D. Weight 64 lbs. on my scales at home.

Noise is very minor. Balanced out good. Fit the truck perfect. They barely touch my home made mud flaps. I do have a 2.0" leveling kit.

VideoCapture_20230209-124728[1].jpg

VideoCapture_20230209-124747[1].jpg

Josh24

Reaction score
Had the new Falken R/T tires mounted up today. 35x11.50 size. They measure 34.0" tall on the truck. Tread is 9.25" wide. Running them at 40 PSI. Load Range D. Weight 64 lbs. on my scales at home.

Noise is very minor. Balanced out good. Fit the truck perfect. They barely touch my home made mud flaps. I do have a 2.0" leveling kit.

View attachment 151202

View attachment 151203

Those look great and fit the truck well. Do you notice a difference in overall ride quality with the d load? Thinking this may be a good compromise coming from a SL but not quite as harsh as an E load. Noticed the Falkens have that sweet spot.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look great and fit the truck well. Do you notice a difference in overall ride quality with the d load? Thinking this may be a good compromise coming from a SL but not quite as harsh as an E load. Noticed the Falkens have that sweet spot.

I dropped my pressure to 38 cold (by cold I mean 45 degrees ambient) and they ride very very nice in my opinion. They're noticeably firmer than the OE tires but then again OE tires have paper thin sidewalls. I think these ride good. However, I DO have some vibration at higher speeds that I didn't notice immediately and I'm going back to the tire shop Saturday to get them double checked for correct run-out and balancing. Other than that one issue I love these. The mud traction in nasty clay river mud is a little better than what I got with the Duratrac tires. On the road in heavy rain these are lightyears ahead of the Duratracs. These stick to the road like a cat on carpet regardless of what the weather is doing, which is what you'd expect from Falken.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get the balance checked ? Fixed ?

So here's what's up with that...

I went to two large tire shops before I could finally get any hard data. So from what all the tire shops say, 0-15 lbs. of road force is a good tire. 15-25 lbs. of road force is a borderline bad tire. 25+ is a bad tire.

One of mine checked out at a 52 (!). Another was 27. The other two were around 20ish. So it's no wonder my truck was shaking going down the road.

Unfortunately I ordered them online, so I'm having to go through the hassle of trying to get them warrantied via long distance communication. It's a real PITA. I will buy from local tire shops from now on simply to avoid this hassle.

It's a shame these tires are squares because I love everything else about them. They look great and the traction has been amazing in heavy rain, mud, etc. On the road they stick like glue. I just wish they were round.

Sfalcon

Reaction score

I went to two large tire shops before I could finally get any hard data. So from what all the tire shops say, 0-15 lbs. of road force is a good tire. 15-25 lbs. of road force is a borderline bad tire. 25+ is a bad tire.

One of mine checked out at a 52 (!). Another was 27. The other two were around 20ish. So it's no wonder my truck was shaking going down the road.

Unfortunately I ordered them online, so I'm having to go through the hassle of trying to get them warrantied via long distance communication. It's a real PITA. I will buy from local tire shops from now on simply to avoid this hassle.

It's a shame these tires are squares because I love everything else about them. They look great and the traction has been amazing in heavy rain, mud, etc. On the road they stick like glue. I just wish they were round.
Damn you're hard to please.. you want quiet road travel, good rain traction, good off road, AND round? Some people are impossible to please 😅

Lungs414

Reaction score

My other car is a Tesla Model S. I put new Continental tires on it when new. They are supposedly 50K mile warranty I got 12500 on the front and they failed a NYS inspection. Took 2 1/2 months to get warranty coverage and a lot time involved. I also purchased online and they wanted the tires back to inspect. Local tire shop wanted nothing to do with it so I complained to Continental and they picked up the cost to get them back. Eventually I got $420 of the $600 back but took a lot and constant back and forth with them via email.
Stick with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread