5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken Wildpeak A/T 3w on 19' Limited w 20's

TNSmokee

Reaction score
I started this thread after I got my Falcon Wildpeaks installed. I searched and read many threads on tires and never really found my setup. There are plenty of 19 Limited's with 20" wheels, but most are not the Laramie Sports. I really liked these wheels and did not want to change them. These are perhaps my favorite especially on the Billet Silver trucks due to the paint match. I did not buy this truck because it rode like a Cadillac. I have driven a truck since 1989 with one Ford Explorer mixed in there in 1994. I have driven Chevrolet Silverados, Ford F-150's including the Platinum and my last truck was a 2017 GMS Sierra. I bought this truck mainly because I was tired of the GMC and it's interior. The seats would cause my left leg to go to sleep and it became aggravating. That truck was leveled on Cooper ATP's. I rode like a truck. I briefly had a 2017 Challenger ScatPack 392 and fell in love with that car. I would take it in for maintenance and began looking at the 2019 RAM trucks. I knew that was going to be my next purchase. That purchase was made last July and I joined this forum and began the modding process, which really started with the dealer swapping out the 22's for the 20's. My truck is leveled with Revel Performance leveling links only, no spacer has been added. I have not touched the air suspension. I have Falcon Wildpeaks 275 /60R20's that I think look fantastic on my truck. They fill the wheel well better than I thought they would. These tires are larger and heavier than the factory Falcon Wildpeaks that were on it. I understand that those were a European version and more street that A/T. I also have added the Hellwig sway bar. You can say that I have done just about everything you can do to mess up the Cadillac ride, but this truck still rides and drives way better than my GMC did and my leg does not go to sleep until I do. Here she is:

FalconWildpeaks_1.jpg
FalconWildpeaks_2.jpg

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of those tires. Had them on my last truck in the same size, a 2013 Ram. Actually got them when they first came out and were much cheaper than they are now. Favorite tire I’ve ever had

TNSmokee

Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of those tires. Had them on my last truck in the same size, a 2013 Ram. Actually got them when they first came out and were much cheaper than they are now. Favorite tire I’ve ever had
Thanks. The forum played a major role in me choosing these tires. They seem to be the favorite of a lot. I wanted something a little taller and more aggressive looking while maintaining some ride quality. I got on a thread talking about the new Goodyear Ultraterrain and almost went with it until someone said it held onto rocks. I didn't want to chance that plus Goodyear hasn't had a real good track record when it comes to tread life. I'm loving them thus far and they fit my check list.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
My favorite tire as well. Had them on my last truck, and will likely put them on this one before winter hits.

Attachments

• 20191231_123234.jpg
    20191231_123234.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 98

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got them on my truck 4 years ago at my local discount tire. They must have been fairly new because the guy I talked to had never heard of them and had to order them. They were $170 each at the time now they are $212 a piece at the same place. That’s a pretty big price jump. Shows how popular they’ve become

TNSmokee

Reaction score
I paid 202.00 a tire for mine and they gave me 60.00 each for the takeoffs. All in all I'm in for $861.98. It's at the dealer now getting an oil change and the front end aligned. We'll see how she drives tomorrow on the interstate.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Just picked her up from the oil change and front end alignment. Stretched her legs a little on the instate and she is smooth as glass. I turned the radio all the way down and could barely hear the tires, turned the radio to level 8 and no tire noise at all. I usually listen at a higher level anyway unless the wife is with me. I'm completely satisfied.

ramdrivermeap

Reaction score
19 Laramie with Appearance Package 20" OE wheels.
Had Wildpeak 275/55R20 installed today at Sams Club. only $180 a tire.
I cant believe how much better they look then OEM Duehler. Pictures don't really how how good this tire looks.
They are more aggressive looking thenI thought, totally happy with them.
I drove about 60 miles highway and back roads after install,
I don't hear much road noise, maybe a slight hum at 60+. They ride smooth at OEM spec of 36psi.
Doesn't seem to have impacted Fuel economy either.

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 2.34.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 2.34.11 PM.png
    644.3 KB · Views: 109

Barqs

Reaction score
Like the look, and plan to put a set on my '19 Laramie soon. I debated on up-sizing but really want to try to keep the ride and fuel economy close to what I'm getting with the Bridgestones, so I think I'll stick with 275/55R20's at least this time around.

Barqs

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in the stock 275/55R20 size. Getting them installed at Discount Tire tomorrow. FYI, Discount Tire will price match with Amazon (look for free shipping). I'm getting my Falkens for $167/tire with the price match promise vs the $210/tire they were asking on the site. After reading all these forum reviews and seeing the pictures above, I'm feeling good about my decision.

Barqs

Reaction score
Got the Wildpeaks installed today and love the way they look. My truck now looks like a 4x4. I'll be taking a short road trip next weekend and might encounter some rain, so we'll see how things go then.

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4289.jpg
    IMG_4289.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread